Only tuning 4th gear...........

ChinoCIA

Registered
Is there a good reason why a bike shop would put your bike on the Dyno and only tune 4th gear? then charge you $390?

the name of the shop is RevTek in Waipahu, HI. I plan to take my bike there for the tuning. I was just asking around to get an impression of their customer service and reputation. One of my buddies told me that he wanted to get his bike tuned there and when he asked about it, he was told that only 4th gear would get tuned and he would be charged $390. I haven't asked the shop owner (Ted) yet about the tuning (he is the one usually behind the counter and does the most interacting with customers). I just wanted to ask the org first before i went to him.

Most of the tuning is in 4 th due to 5-6adds 10% more fuel for ram air. You can load tune in the Lower gears but it has to be partial throttle.

Most of the tuning is in 4 th due to 5-6adds 10% more fuel for ram air. You can load tune in the Lower gears but it has to be partial throttle.

Thank you Mr. Johnnycheese for answering my question. So basically you are saying, 4th gear is going to give me the best air/fuel mapping for the lower gears or all of the gears on my PCV? I'm suprised I didnt get an answer sooner...........especially with all the gear heads on this forum.

Thank you Mr. Johnnycheese for answering my question. So basically you are saying, 4th gear is going to give me the best air/fuel mapping for the lower gears or all of the gears on my PCV? I'm suprised I didnt get an answer sooner...........especially with all the gear heads on this forum.

Sorry to say there are not allot of gear heads on this site. Just allot of no it all's that believe everything they read online it true so they repeat what they read. Be very carefull of who you get advice from most guy just post to get there counts up.

Back