Only time Recless on my Busa

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
No, I didnt get a ticket,but, I usually ride very safe and Road Captain rides preaching safety to others.

There is no reason for reckless, endangering myself and others could have only made the situation worse. Here is what drove me I did triple digit speeds on the interstate for 10's of miles.

Last Wednesday my 16 mo. old son was running a 102 fever, my wife took him to his primary care pediatrician. Dr. said take him home give him tylenol.

His fever continued to rise and he went into " Febrile seizure", ( Febrile seizure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) my wife called the ambulance, then called me. I raced on the Busa to meet the ambulance at the hospital.

Matthew was in the hospital for 3 days, the fever would go to 102, then up to 103/104. A battery of tests were run. Bloodwork, CAT Scan, Chest X-Ray, Catheterization,EEG. He went through torture:unhappy:

My wife and I have "good" insurance, I was surprised to find out, the Primary Care Pediatrician rarely goes to the hospital anymore. It is the attending Hospital's "on duty" (12 hour shift) pediatrician that determines the treatment.

I was not too happy with a new Dr. running the show every 12 hours, over a 3 day period. One Doctor was grasping at straws probing in his ears for infection, as he screamed in pain:banghead:

At that point I said, my son has been tortured enough, I told the Dr. get your hands off him. 4 doctors in 3 days have looked at his ears, either give him a treatment or leave him the hell alone. I blew up and threatened to get lawyers involved and transfer him to another hospital. Fortunately I have a sister who is an RN and works for Anthem insurance, she advised me it would be better if we all worked together.

The Dr.'s rotated shifts again as Matthews temp began to stay down, he was finally released Friday evening. Thank GOD there has been no fever since:thumbsup:, and he appears to be healthy

I had a "Febrile seizure" , one time, as a child, there is some evidence to support they may be genetic.

Thanks for the many prayers we have recieved, including Busa_Nicks:thumbsup:

Matthew is doing fine at home, but "gun shy" of diaper changes etc, because of all the poking and prodding done in the hospital. This too shall pass.

M1.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear he's doing well now....:thumbsup::thumbsup: sounds like they never determined the cause.

Glad to hear he doing well now....:thumbsup::thumbsup: sounds like they never determined the cause.

They try to minimize the possibility of the "really nasty" stuff, if nothing is really discovered, it is most likely one of many virus's that can cause these symptoms. Manage the fever and let the body take care of the virus. Easier said than done:banghead:

There is nothing more excrutiating as a parent than to watch your child work through the difficulties presented by the medical industries of today, especially when their age/conditions prevent them from communicating anything more than,"Dang it, I/that hurt(s)!!". My prayers are with and for you and your family, my brother. God speed!

There is nothing more excrutiating as a parent than to watch your child work through the difficulties presented by the medical industries of today, especially when their age/conditions prevent them from communicating anything more than,"Dang it, I/that hurt(s)!!". My prayers are with and for you and your family, my brother. God speed!

Much appreciated:thumbsup:

Hope things staty on a good track...Prayers out brother..

@ 39 years of age and I expect my first child(girl) to be born in september, I have to say this story brought a few tears to my eyes...glad he is ok
:cheerleader:

@ 39 years of age and I expect my first child(girl) to be born in september, I have to say this story brought a few tears to my eyes...glad he is ok
:cheerleader:

Good for you! I was 44 when Matthew was born, I was a late starter:thumbsup: Thanks:thumbsup:

I totally understand. It's a visceral reaction when your child is hurt. When my daughter broke her arm a few years ago and was transported to the hospital, I drove 220 miles in about 2.5 hours to get to her, most of the time in triple digits with warning flashers and flashing my brights the entire time. After having time to reflect, I'm glad I didn't kill myself or someone else in my haste, but at the time I could think of nothing else other than getting to her.

All I am going to say is from one father to another if it would have been my son I would have done the same thing. Glad to hear your boy is doing well :beerchug:

I totally understand. It's a visceral reaction when your child is hurt. When my daughter broke her arm a few years ago and was transported to the hospital, I drove 220 miles in about 2.5 hours to get to her, most of the time in triple digits with warning flashers and flashing my brights the entire time. After having time to reflect, I'm glad I didn't kill myself or someone else in my haste, but at the time I could think of nothing else other than getting to her.

Yep, a very primal feeling to protect your children

All I am going to say is from one father to another if it would have been my son I would have done the same thing. Glad to hear your boy is doing well :beerchug:

Gotta be the number one advocate for your kids, look out for their best interest. Government/Experts/etc are not always correct or looking out for best interest.

Question the experts..................:whistle:

Back