Only one day and 250 miles on the Avon Storms...

sweet tea man

Registered
Got them yesterday, and i immediately could tell what everyone talks about with the "new tire feel".

I've never ridden on new tires, this is the first set I've bought for my 06. Everyone raving about them, I figured i would try them.

well, i gave them about 15 minutes of 60 mph to warm up before i started to gradually start swerving some to scuff em up. My stockers(I believe the battle axes), i could really just roll my hips side to side and the bike would follow suit. NOT ON THESE BABIES. When you read on here and people say these tires stick....i assure you....THEY STICK. I had to work the bike to swerve side to side on the long lonely two lane black top that is HWY 41.

Defeinately not a bad thing at all. i feel like i am more in control when i take a corner now. I got back to town and hit a couple short roads that have maybe 2-3 good corners on them and road those about 3 times each. The Bike really seems to hug the road more. Its a feeling I cant describe really. Hell, this could be how all new tires feel and I dont know b/c this is my first new set. All I can say is I love them so far.

Good stuff, I have loved the Storm's for a while. I also like the Viper Extreme and Super Sport tires by them with V2 compound.

I just put a new rear tire on Saturday - Michelin PP2CT 190/55's and they are nice and sticky too.
I put 665 miles on them by Sunday.
Bubba

Do most people wear through the 'stock' tires before replace? Or just replace them from the get go? (Not that the OP did that. Just curious.)

Grats on the new tires.

I love mine, too. Wait until you get caught in the rain. It will feel like the roads are dry.

Back