Only in "AMERICA"

Absolutely, me, gunny and newmill would all proudly end up in an Article 32 then maybe just be exhonerated due to the Patriotic Nature of our Actions... HeII I could see us getting medals for kicking this fool's jaw flat...
Shet, I think that the military leadership wants someone to terminate this fool since it is such blatant disrespect of volunteer servicemembers in their family's worst time.
That idiot better be packin more heat than us when he pulls a stunt like that.
Unfortunately, this sort of scandalous behavior is the only kind that will make the news... Next you might end up with a suicide bomber of the domestic variety show up a military funerals.

(8Daytona8 @ Oct. 04 2006,08:27) Yep! I'm with you on that! But isn't this the freedom we are in the fight for? And wasn't it said this would happen? After all its what caused us the black eye in Nam!!!!
argue.gif
There is a difference between freedom and hate. I fully believe in the sang "I might not agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend your right to say it" but that...what that man was talking about was merely pure hate. He might as well of had a nazi emblim on his chest and been talking about jews. That just makes me shake my head, it's sad to know there is so much hate in the hearts of those people.

(unkleslapnutz @ Oct. 04 2006,23:12) I think this passes the barrier of protesting the US's involvment in the war. I dont agree with people buring the flag...It burns me up. BUT in the same sentence isnt that what many of us have served for? So that other Americans can express their freedom of speech? If we were to pass a law against flag burning what would be next?

Now about this backwoods hick traveling to diffrent funerals and making an ars out of himself and really taking away from what people at the funeral are doing...I hope I never have to encounter that on a personal level.  I am sure that after something like that my next post would be from jail. There is no reason for someone to cause another peson pain when they are trying to tell a loveed one good-bye...You would think a man of faith would know this no matter what their beliefs.  
rant.gif
This isn't a matter of flag burning/stomping. If somebody wants to protest by doing such? Let them. It IS their right and while I don't believe in it I'll stand by their right to do such. It doesn't support their claim, it merely shows now immature they are.

Sadly though this isn't about the flag. This is about showing respect to a person who has died and their family. The bill being passed is basically saying that if you are going to be disrespectful at a funeral, then you shouldn't be there or even be in sight of it. I fully agree with this and hope the bill goes through. You have a right to protest, but you don't have a right to infringe on another's. I still can't believe that guy considers himself a man of god. Sad, so very sad.

Infringing on my life liberty and pursuit of happiness to include desecrating the funeral of family or my Military family will get you a busted lip if not whole jaw...

Back