Only Busa in a sea of H/D's!

Glad to know that someone got out and got along with a group of riders that have a different mentality. Most sportbike riders are trying to find out what you have done to make your bike to get to the destination faster. H/D riders are trying to find out what you have done to make the journey more enjoyable.

It seems like he enjoyed the journey.

Ha!
Here the HD riders are just trying to make as much noise as they can before they get to the next bar.

I ride by myself 99% of the time. I use it as a way to "get away" and just explore the area. My brother rides as well but barely ever as he has his own thing going on and I'm not sure he enjoys it as much as I do. A good friend of mine rides as well but he is busy with his business on the weekends. I don't mind, I absolutely love riding!

Me too, I enjoyed the ride but it's the first time I've intentionally ridden with any other bike. I did have a short trip running light to light with a guy on a Vrod a couple weeks ago but otherwise I haven't made any riding friends asd of yet. I have a feeling i'm a bit old for most of tnr sport bikers around here lol

I went on my first poker run today, I know they're dominated by Harleys but I figured I'd be one of 2 or 3 "rockets" in the pack..... Nope I'm the only speeder in the pack of about 80 bikes. Instead of being shunned though every time we stopped there were at least 2 riders looking at and talking about my little Busa. "Damn things fast ain't it. Plenty of room for flames on them fairings. My brother had one years ago, scared the #^$* out of me and him both. I wanted one of them but wife wouldn't let me. I'd love to have one but they're just to small for me. (This dude was 6'7" and 300#!). That's the best sounding busa I've heard". Were some of the starting comments, I was surprised at the responses and very happy with the ride, nothing hurt after several hours (except numb hands) and the bike was perfect.
Same thing typically happens (to me) down here on bike nights in south florida. Hoping to find a group of busas to hang out with. Thinking about doing the poker run to key west this year.

Good for you,Blacksmith! I rode my new-to-me Busa to Sturgis,and found a few really nice roads to help me adjust to the bike.Still got Harleys ,but the Busa is a nice change of pace- and of course,I came back with a few ideas for modifications....lol

I had an event today, Blessing of the bikes. 100's of bikes, maybe 2-3 Non cruiser / HD types. I was for sure the only supersport and Hayabusa. Lol

You must be near PA/DE. I was thinking about going on that ride but things came up.

I got a 01 Sportster and everybody say's when I'm going to upgrade to a BT ? I tell them as soon as one of those BT beat me LOL. My Sportster has big valves, ported heads, cams and 2-1 exhaust and will do 130 mph while doing a little dancing. I grew up riding 2 strokes back in the 70's and the Sportster reminds me of that.

View attachment 1598481
Pardon my ignorance...what's a BT?

That's a Big Twin Harley and some refer the Sportster as a beginners or girls bike.

...ahhhh, BT (Big Twin...) I get it now.

I've heard the same thing reference Sportsters, I never thought about it as they are still big bore bikes.

Back