Only 2 kinds of riders....

rdx4me

Registered
Those that have been down and those that are going to go down....

My son got his scars tonight and joined the club. Coming back from the store (less than a 1/4 mile away) he goes to turn back into our subdivision and a car turns left out of the subdivison going the wrong way (head-on) towards him.

He dives right and locks it up in the grass and of course goes down.

Car takes off and keeps on going....

He escapes with a little bit of rash and scrapes on his helmet. Made him go to the hospital just in case.

Here's for the part that irritated me:

Called the local PD - They said call county, called the Sheriffs Dept, they didn't get here till 30 minutes AFTER I called the PD, and THEN tells me it's a traffic incident and I should of called the Highway Patrol.....

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told them all thank God this wasn't a life or death situation and I would of needed to pull out my Glock or Mossberg...

It's been over 2 hours now and the FHP STILL HASN'T SHOWN UP AT OUR HOUSE!

My son is at the hospital getting checked out and had to ride his bike home to tell us what happened.

WE DON'T LIVE IN BFE....

Just another notch towards my belief that since LE can't be everywhere it's up to the individual to take care of their own in times of need....

Bike is in the garage now, definitely needs:

Stator Cover (big-hole)
L-side foot peg
L-side mirror
L-side lower fairing]
Passenger seat recovered
L-side exhaust can (have an extra in attic)
New tail (it's all scratched up...) Undertail still good.

Like I said, he's at the ER now and appears to just have a little bit of road rash. Visor flew off the helmet on impact but the helmet did it's job!

FHP just showed up (01:13), took a report but as you can imagine there are a few thousand 4-dr white sedans in FL...

Pics to follow tomorrow!

P.S. Need the above parts - PM if you got them for sale! ASAP. This is his only transportation...

Last edited:
Gen 1 or Gen 2? Makes a huge difference.

I'm glad your son is okay. I hope they find the puke that ran off.

i have gen 1 cans... left and right. pm me he can have.. right has nick or two on front edge by driver foot peg... very minor nicks if he needs pics i already got them. and glad to hear he is ok

Thanks guys! I only have 1 son.... It's a Gen I. More than happy to pay for parts & shipping! Just need them ASAP.

But like I've always told him - It's everybody else he has to watch out for.

He can pretty much control anything beyond that (except weather...)

"Lessons-learned" as we say in the Corps...

Last edited:
Yep. We waited over 4 hrs for FHP one day on the side of I4. Their excuse was they had to wait on an available officer.....then we got stuck in the middle of shift change.

Now let 12 bikes go 10-15 over the speed limit and they are all over us...

Florida drivers are douche bags...sorry to hear about your son but sounds like he will be up on two whees again soon.

Not more than a half an hour ago I was pulling out of the Mandalay Bay parking garage....and just as I was ready to turn down the ramp, IN comes a very small Asian dealer in a very LARGE SUV.......she was that close.....

Sorry to hear about his off, hope he's just rashed a little. A head on could have been worse. Glad he avoided it. 911 should have directed the right LEs to your location. It's all about jurisdiction. Don't know about Florida, but in SC the HP handles all vehicle accidents in the county, municipal guys work their stuff. Again 911 should have handled this. Our deputies often wait hours for HP. Typically there's only a few of them covering 4 or 5 counties around here. It didn't help that it was late on a Saturday night I'm sure. Fridays and Saturdays are busy nights for LE.

Sorry about the bad experience. You could always make a formal complaint and ask for an explanation.

I am glad your son seems O.K. if you still need the footpeg, let me know, I will send right and left, YOU COVER POSTAGE?

Sorry man... Glad he made it out with minor bumps... Hope for a quikc recovery for your son and his bike!

Sorry to hear about his off, hope he's just rashed a little. A head on could have been worse. Glad he avoided it. 911 should have directed the right LEs to your location. It's all about jurisdiction. Don't know about Florida, but in SC the HP handles all vehicle accidents in the county, municipal guys work their stuff. Again 911 should have handled this. Our deputies often wait hours for HP. Typically there's only a few of them covering 4 or 5 counties around here. It didn't help that it was late on a Saturday night I'm sure. Fridays and Saturdays are busy nights for LE.

Sorry about the bad experience. You could always make a formal complaint and ask for an explanation.

No, I was just frustrated. I didn't use 911 as I feel that is reserved for life or death emergencies. I have the local PD & SO numbers programmed in my cell though...

I have buddies that are LE/Bomb-Techs and they are definitely underpaid and overworked!

In my opinion, LE and School Teachers are severely underpaid & under appreciated...

Son in fine, this reinforces what I've been telling him about wearing his gear! I'm very glad he was on the grass and not the asphalt!!!!!!

Here's some pics of the bike. It can all be fixed, maybe a couple of days.

He's going to be sore for a few days but they gave him some pills to keep him comfortable.

Thanks again for the help! I have no problem paying for any parts or shipping. I've seen the generosity of oRg. members on many occasions!

Semper Fi!

101_2308.jpg

101_2309.jpg

101_2310.jpg

101_2311.jpg

101_2312.jpg

101_2313.jpg

101_2314.jpg

101_2315.jpg

Last edited:
This sucks, but glad your son is ok. Bikes can be repaired or replaced. Bodies not so much. But it pisses me off that the driver of the car that caused all your troubles gets away with everything.

Changing subject, I see your EOD insignia. Are you still active duty? Have you ever used an Ahura FirstDefender? Would like to chat if you do.

Good luck with your son's bike and my best wishes for his continued recovery. - AJ

Glad your son is going to be ok. The bike looks like it is mostly minor damage, darn cagers....:firing:

I'm a HD rider myself but this is the same crap we all face... After re-building my sons Busa, I',m about ready to get one myself!

Wife is not having any of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I'm still working on her...:rofl:

u may wanna go ahead and replace that stotor as well:poke:.. wish i had some parts to give you but im tapped out..glad he is ok, here we call one police dept for everything state stays on the highways and county stays out in the county

No disrespect, but I want to stooge smack anyone who uses that saying. Its nothing more than a simple generalization!!

Btw, I'm glad your son is ok.. :beerchug:

Last edited:
I don't have any spare parts to contribute but being that you are in my family i would be willing to help with parts you are unable to get from others on here. I am currently deployed to afghan so i have a little extra to help a brother. just pm what you still need and a address and i will purchase some things and have them sent to you. Semper Fi

Thanks all! We'll get her back on the road this week. Special thanks to my USMC family! I'll be in that gun club till they scatter my ashes!

If your coming to NW Florida for anything, give me a shout!

Back