Online motorcycle stores. Can someone help me out??

OB_X-treme

Registered
I want to buy a D&D slip-on for my R6. At my local yamaha dealership he said he would give it to me for $460(CDN) is there any place online or companys in the states that would give me a better deal?

Thanks for any help,
Steve

try starcycle they should be able to hook you up. 800-990-2453/ they advertise nobody beats are prices. good luck

Check kneedraggers.com - Good helmet prices.

Also, check the back of the Motorcyclist and Cycle World magazines - just call around. That's how I do most of my shopping once I know what I want.

[This message has been edited by Factory (edited 11 May 2000).]

Judge, I may be wrong but I think the reason you like the prices at Keirnan's Is becaue it is an old site, The newest bike year I can find for anything is a 1998. Maybe I am not working the site correctly.

Bob, The MOTORHEAD is dead on with what he is telling you.
Assumes - near sea level...
Shims are 50 cents.... Jet kit is 100 bucks. Labor is same. Tell your guy to go your way. Your the customer, Or, get a manual - it's fun!

Don't forget float level VERY important on ram air carb bikes
I always used a Vance and Hines Igniton adv.
5 degrees.clean up the bottom nice.
Please don't get me started on ZX11's that is how Motorhead and I started talking.

also bob it will say with the factory kit to use stock main jets.
of all the Factroy jet kits the one for the ZX11 I refuse to install I have done 3 of them and all three customers had me do it with shims and jets and all three are getting around the 40-50 mpg with or with out stock exhaust.There is also a trick you need to do with the slide springs.

Blue,

You're absolutley right, their site needs to be updated. I just ordered a pipe and jet kit from them and I had to double check the Factory jet kit to make sure it would work on my '98 ZX11. Their site said the Config 10 jet kit was for '93-96 "D" model ZX11's. No changes were made to the carburation on the ZX11 from '96 -'99 (that I'm aware of) so I ordered it? Double checked with Factory as well.

Bob

bob you could shim you needles 2mm back out your pilots 3 1/2 turns and go up 1 size on the mains and get the same results.keep the inboard outboard spread though

TMH,

Thanks for the heads up, I've actually heard of this on the ZX11-ZX12 boards. Unfortunately I don't do much maintenance to my bike other than oil/filter and chain lube/adjust. Everything else goes to the shop. I'll ask him if this is viable. It's not that I don't trust your opinion, it's just he's doing the work so I'll probably have to go "his way".

Thanks again..

Bob

Back