One week down....

Congrats! You can do it. I smoke socially for kind of the same reasons you do. Or I smoke when I'm bored outta my skull. Other than that, I'll go for weeks at a time without smoking if I can stay occupied.

Keep it up. You can do it!

--Wag--

Thanks for all the support, gents!
cool.gif

Brenda (TheKatsMeow) somehow fried the main power line that feeds our master bedroom yesterday~ OK, maybe it was just coincidental that it happened as she was running the carpet shampooer, but I gotta blame her anyhow!
wink.gif
The crawl space in our attic is very tight, so my fat arse weaving through the rafters and digging through a foot of insullation foam didn't go far for finding the problem~ So I said "fug it for now... it can wait until after the game"~ Then the Bucs decide they don't want to play no more ball this year and hand the rest of the post season to the 'Skins! So now I've just watched my team end their season at home and I've got this power problem in my own home! It was all I had not to run to the comfort of that nasty arse demon... Nicotine~ But I did have it all.. and the demon is still left in the dust!! Just finished running a whole new line from my breaker panel to the master bedroom... with the help of a good friend, that is all of 5'2" and maybe 120 wet, crawling through my attic space pulling the new line~ Life is all good once again... well except for the Bucs finishing the season as they did, but I'll get over that~
wink.gif

So thanks again for the moral support and 'Congrats' to those of you fighting the same demon and those that have slayed the bastid~ Don't know just how much good it's gonna do me to quit after smoking out my lungs for 27years, but it's surely gonna help in the Busa Mod Fundage department!!!
smile.gif

wink.gif

Congrats on having the willpower. I started smoking at 13 and went for 16 years. In the end I was about 2 packs -per day. Wife got pregnant and we quit together. I used the patch
blush.gif
. I found that the habit was the hardest thing to get over. I'd find myself walking outside to smoke and suddenly thinking, "Hey, I don't smoke anymore" turning around and hitting the gym for 5-10 minutes instead. Once you find something else to occupy the time you had a cig. you'll be fine.
I took up running too and even today 12 years later I hack up some interesting goo. I really don't like smoke and wouldn't think of lighting up a cigarette again. Once in a while a good cuban may roll around though...
cool.gif

keep it up Bro, won't be too long and it becomes pretty easy. You'll really love the money you save and the good smells.

Here's a plan Bro, save all the money you and the Kat are saving by not smoking $200 a month, and then once a month go out to a real nice dinner using those funds.
thumbs-up.gif
Works great and Ruth's Chris, Charlie's and Burn never tasted so good.

Glad to hear you beat it !!!!

Much Love Bro.

Congrats on having the guts to quit! You've got the right attitude to be successful with it.

I smoked for about 8 or 9 years, about a pack a day, and quit cold turkey last June 16th (the 1 year anniversary of the passing of my dad). It was a ##### for the first couple weeks but all is good now. I just wish I could quit drinking! I think that may be harder to do.
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|chris40oz77
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136761519 -->

I smoked for 21 years. My wife was pregnant, I'd decided not to smoke around the kid, then I came down with bronchitis. Doctor said it might be a good time to quit. I went home and kept smoking the rest of the day. I got up the next morning and said, OK just leave them here. I went to work and left them alone for 2 weeks. I took two cigarettes out of the pack that had been laying open for two weeks and took a knife to the rest of the carton. I lit one up and it tasted so bad I threw it and the other away. My son is 13 years old now and I haven't touched a cigarette since. I would love to smoke one, I would love a cigar, but I know if I lit one up, I might as well stop and buy a carton on the way home. That helps to keep me away from them.

To those that have been quit for a while, congratulations. To those that are quitting now, good luck. Keep it up folks, it's the best thing I could have done for myself. hang in there.

Dan

See after I had been quit for about 6 months or so and got it all outta my system, I could just go back and have A cigar without any real threat of smoking more.

But I have found cigarettes completely nasty now so that has become really easy.

Back