One-way plane ticket riding my new bike home 12hrs!!

Hey sorry to make you guys worry, my phone got wet and fried it. I got home today around 5. My dad rode up to Bristol and had a room so we could rest and ride in together today. All went well and I'll have a better write up right after I get this phone thing worked out.

Holy **** man you scared the **** out of me. Well disregard any of those texts then. I'm glad you're okay

I know you just picked up the bike, but I carry a zip lock freezer bag in the cargo area for this sort of event. I either put the phone in the bag in the trunk, or in the bag and then back in my pocket. Just something to think about for future rides.

Congrats on the new to you bike too :)

His name is Kevin. Trey knows him too. I have his cell # and just sent him an email.

Well, now as promised, here are the pics of the bike!!! The trip went well and airplanes are amazing!! The 2nd plane was delayed an hour but we landed only 15 - 30 minutes behind schedule you could tell he was trying to make up time it was amazing. I lost the plane pics but I am sure most everyone has flown before lol. Getting a cab was a lot easier than the movies make it out to be, however, everyone I talked to I had to repeat what I said apparently I have a southern slang that no one else understands up north haha. I finally had to just show the cab driver the address on my phone (R.I.P.) so he would know where to go. Once wet met up the transaction went just as one should, I could tell AMPZX didn't want to sell the bike but that also let me know he took good care of it. After the deal was done, I made a quick walk around and headed out. I was super excited about finally having a ram mount for my phone so even though it looked like rain I still used it :banghead: . Well that turned out to be a bad decision because when your stuck in stop and go traffic the windshield won't keep the rain off the phone and there was no shoulder to pull off due to construction, I tried to keep it wiped off however that failed. So, about 2 hours into the trip I had no phone to communicate with anyone. My scared mom, worried fiance and dad on his way to meet me half way with no way to find out where I was, not to mention my org brothers and sisters worried too. Luckily I was able to use the gas station phone when I would stop for gas, finally met dad off exit 5 on hwy 81 around 4:30 a.m. I left Philly in the rain at 5 pm and stopped at 430 am still in the rain.....I found out a gen2 performs great in the rain. I also was told my a nice Virginia State Trooper that doing 89 in a 70 in a misdemeanor and if he wrote me a ticket I would have to come back to court and if I were going just 1 mph more he could take me to just for excessive speeding, I was super lucky he only checked my license because the plates were for a 2007 black hayabusa not a 2011 black hayabusa. I think I would have been ok because I had title and registration to the tag and title and bill of sale for the bike but the DMV said that would really be the officers discretion, and the only other thing I could do was go to the VA DMV and see if they even offer temp tags which they probably don't.

Anyways back to the story, the next day dad and I headed out around 10, and no rain the rest of the trip it was great. I finally got to relax and feel the bike, I got after it a few times it seems pretty quick not quite what I was expecting but I am coming from a 1441 bike. However, it may not be as fast but it is the smoothest sport bike I have ever ridden, even before the gen 1 was built. The transmission shifts so much smooter and effortlessly its truely an amazing difference and the power difference I am feeling feels more like a restriction than a lack of power.

As far as the bike it is flawless. When I was cleaning it I was really checking it over, to give you an idea of how well this bike was taken care of there is not even tar in the undertail or the inside of the swing arm!! I would almost say this bike has never done a burn out its crazy!! So without furtheradue here are the pics!

IMG_0057.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0017.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0063.jpg
IMG_0062.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Oh now ya did it, you went and bought the fastest color, picked it up and took a good ride. These guys should have known what was going on :laugh:

Back