One piece leather suit closeout at Cycle Gear

Go have a look/see blanca, Bilt is some really cheap stuff. If you can afford a few more bucks move up the scale a little..

Go have a look/see blanca, Bilt is some really cheap stuff. If you can afford a few more bucks move up the scale a little..

Agreed. But there are several younger rides that have come on rides with me sporting these suits. I had much rather them show in one of these than a mesh jacket and slider jeans. It's hard sometimes for a person to spend big bucks when they only make minimum wage. The bike was a stretch, now they try and cheap out on gear. The groups I ride with encourage cowhide covering your body at all times. I think you should buy the best you can afford, stepping up when you can.

BILT suits are GARBAGE. A buddy of mine went down at 130 mph at a track day wearing that suit and the stitching holding the leather together blew apart. End result was severe skin damage to his shoulder. That was almost three months ago and it is still healing. Look up Bilt suits online and you will read similar stories and the suit falling apart.

Buy the best suit you can afford. I bought that exact same suit one week before my track day thinking I was getting a great deal, then I read the reviews online. I returned the suit the next day and bought an Alpinestars SP-1 for $750 shipped on www.sportbiketrackgear.com

Your skin has no price tag. The last thing you want to happen when going down at track speeds is for the safety equipment to fail. Cycle gear could not pay me to wear their crappy suit.

As the saying goes in life, you get what you pay for.

I don't even have the $199 and yes I know you get what you pay for.
Just thought it incredible to be that low. How much do they cost to make? $50 bucks?

BILT suits are GARBAGE. A buddy of mine went down at 130 mph at a track day wearing that suit and the stitching holding the leather together blew apart. End result was severe skin damage to his shoulder. That was almost three months ago and it is still healing. Look up Bilt suits online and you will read similar stories and the suit falling apart.

Buy the best suit you can afford. I bought that exact same suit one week before my track day thinking I was getting a great deal, then I read the reviews online. I returned the suit the next day and bought an Alpinestars SP-1 for $750 shipped on www.sportbiketrackgear.com

Your skin has no price tag. The last thing you want to happen when going down at track speeds is for the safety equipment to fail. Cycle gear could not pay me to wear their crappy suit.

As the saying goes in life, you get what you pay for.

There is no way I would get on a track with one. If you can afford to do a track day, you should have spent the extra dough on a better suit. I'm more concerned with the squids I see around. I'd rather see them in a Bilt suit then nothing or very little. Where we ride you're not see speeds above 70, most wrecks happen in the middle of very tight turns. I've seen too many wrecks now and all were 50 mph and down. I'm not saying they are not crap, just for the type of street riding we do, it's better than say sliders. Mesh jacket and slider jeans $200. One pc. Bilt suit $200. This is what the young guys I've rode with look at. Which is better on a mtn. ride? .02 the cheap bilt suit

Mesh jacket and slider jeans $200. One pc. Bilt suit $200. This is what the young guys I've rode with look at. Which is better on a mtn. ride? .02 the cheap bilt suit

Well in the scenario you spoke about, yes, the Bilt suit is a better option if you're only scooting around at 50-70 mph. If that is all you can afford to protect yourself then please do so, it's better than no protection at all

Well in the scenario you spoke about, yes, the Bilt suit is a better option if you're only scooting around at 50-70 mph. If that is all you can afford to protect yourself then please do so, it's better than no protection at all

I agree, buy the best you can afford. I can afford a better suit, so that 's what I did. Most of us in our younger days, were hard-headed, invincible, and dirty poor. We try and convince the guys that show up for our rides to get leathers. We have turned riders away that have showed up in jeans and a mesh jacket. I've seen alot go down and the most was some rash on their hip because the jacket rode up on their slider jeans. That is why I prefer the one pc.suit, even Bilt. They are built cheap but like you said better than nothing.

Back