One Large Hot and 'smudder da fire' please !

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Oh how I miss being able to order one of these !
For those that dont know, a large hot is a 'Large pulled pork BBQ sammie smothered in hot BBQ sauce topped with some killer fresh cole slaw to 'smudder da fire' in your mouth !
Skydyvr please go to Centennial Park over by the Parthenon.
Welcome, Hog Heaven, Nashville, TN ......... :please: buy ten, freeze them and then fed-ex overnight...???
pulled_cherry_pork2.jpg

I like Sonny's best (but none near me :(

Saiid, where at near Centennial..never mind I found it I know where about 10 minutes away...I'll have to go try this....then I'll give you a full report :laugh:

Last edited:
OMG If you don't know , then you don't know !
Right by the McDonalds just a little deeper down 27th ave I believe .
Little place .
See website I posted .

I would not give my dog Sonnys .
Ain't BBQ , it's the Mickey D's of BBQ

Go down to Hog Heaven and get you one or TWO. Couple little containers of the hot BBQ sauce they got and mumumumumumumuum !!!!!!!
It will become your new fav spot if you like BBQ .
Great chicken and famous white sauce as well !

I WANT LOTS OF PICS , MAYBE EVEN A GOPRO VIDEO. !

How long have you lived n Nashville ?
Have you ever gotten a Flying Chicago Tomatoe Pie from Obies on Elliston place ?

I'm 1368 miles away exactly and I can smell it from here !
:cry:

i'm thinking about calling them today and seeing if they can freeze 5-10lbs of the pulled pork and ship it to me with a piece of dry ice in there.
also need a bottle of hot sauce .

OMG If you don't know , then you don't know !
Right by the McDonalds just a little deeper down 27th ave I believe .
Little place .
See website I posted .

I would not give my dog Sonnys .
Ain't BBQ , it's the Mickey D's of BBQ

Go down to Hog Heaven and get you one or TWO. Couple little containers of the hot BBQ sauce they got and mumumumumumumuum !!!!!!!
It will become your new fav spot if you like BBQ .
Great chicken and famous white sauce as well !

I WANT LOTS OF PICS , MAYBE EVEN A GOPRO VIDEO. !

How long have you lived n Nashville ?
Have you ever gotten a Flying Chicago Tomatoe Pie from Obies on Elliston place ?

I'm 1368 miles away exactly and I can smell it from here !
:cry:

I personally am a Sonny's fan; the sweet sauce is my favorite and makes the meal (I'm not a hot sauce fan it eats my stomach up).

I was born here Saiid....I'm a native. Nope, never been to Obies either. You are gonna make me gain weight if you don't quit it!

Hog Heaven has excellent sweet sauce , mustard based sauce and a mix of sweet n hot so go NOW !
I'M HUNGRY

Trust me.
When Blanca stamps food you can bank on it .

ok I'll give you a couple hours .

You know really I would really enjoy seeing Nashville thru a gopro ride ?
I could be like a perverted voyeur .
If you just turn it on , ride down , have it mounted on head when eating Sammie and ride home ! POV BBQ !!! :laugh:
All who have gopros should do some city runs to show others their hometowns ?

i'm thinking about calling them today and seeing if they can freeze 5-10lbs of the pulled pork and ship it to me with a piece of dry ice in there.
also need a bottle of hot sauce .

Thanks for making me hungry! Good thing that it's lunch time here in Az!!

The one thing I did miss about living in Florida was the mix of all the great food that I got to eat all the time! I think I gained 30lbs in the year that I was there.

Saiid, we've REALLLY gotta have a talk about BBQ...If you cook the meat right, you don't need sauce. If you use sauce, it's got to compliment (not overpower) the meat. The meat was not very flavorful and the sauce overpowered it and wasn't that good IMHO. I lived in Memphis for a year so I know all about good BBQ.

I was not impressed. Hate to burst your bubble....

Was kinda a wierdo-literally hole in the wall joint. I guess the Vanderbilt (pronounced VONderbilt) students hanging around were all goth wanna be's. One dude stood there and played with his girlfriends azz the entire time he was placing his order. Too many tattoos...

Oh well, gotta grow up sometime....I hope this other place you mention is better....

IMG_0364 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0365 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0366 (Medium).jpg

Corkys its not but I always remember Hog heaven being and excellent spot.
This was at least 10 yrs ago so it may have changed hands ?

That is the place though...

You'll be happier at Obie's Pizza !

Corkys its not but I always remember Hog heaven being and excellent spot.
This was at least 10 yrs ago so it may have changed hands ?

That is the place though...

You'll be happier at Obie's Pizza !

I do like Corky's wet ribs (and the Onion Loaf). Roundevous sucks too commercialized.

Actually my favorite BBQ place is a place in Hopkinsville, KY called the Woodshed. They smoke their meat (no sauce needed) then they steam the meat, so it's soft no hard spots.

I still love Sonny's sweet sauce.

Give me the address for the pizza and I'll try it one of these days...

All this talk of BBQ made me crazy. Then I remembered....

Today's Monday...:cheerleader:
pAbbq.jpg

Mumumumumumumumuum...............
FULLRACK.jpg

Now thats a good deal ! A full rack w/2 sides and lots of hot sauce !
BurrrrrrrrrrrrP !

The reviews arent good for Obie's. Same thing changed hands.
So if you have never had one of these. Try one.
Pizza Perfect. This is a good bet and still rated #1 there.
Pizza Perfect

1602 21st Ave. or in Bellevue 357 Clofton Ave.

I do like Corky's wet ribs (and the Onion Loaf). Roundevous sucks too commercialized.

Actually my favorite BBQ place is a place in Hopkinsville, KY called the Woodshed. They smoke their meat (no sauce needed) then they steam the meat, so it's soft no hard spots.

I still love Sonny's sweet sauce.

Give me the address for the pizza and I'll try it one of these days...

+2 on the Sonny's sweet sauce! This is the only reason we keep our Sam's Club card. Nearest Sonny's is a pretty good drive so we keep it stocked up at home. Awesome on our homemade ribs recipe! :thumbsup:

+2 on the Sonny's sweet sauce! This is the only reason we keep our Sam's Club card. Nearest Sonny's is a pretty good drive so we keep it stocked up at home. Awesome on our homemade ribs recipe! :thumbsup:

Same here!

If you cook the meat right, you don't need sauce. If you use sauce, it's got to compliment (not overpower) the meat.

+1000000 !!

Tons of excellent BBQ here in KC... However, some feel the need bathe the meat with sauce. I prefer my BBQ dry (no sauce) - I'll add it, sparingly, if I feel the need. Otherwise, the sauce it great for dipping fries in. LOL

Back