One foot stop at light...

08BusaKY

Registered
Just wondering how many of you just put one foot down at a stoplight. I have been doing it for so long it is awkward using two feet.
BTW, I put the left down. Sometime at long lights I will put two down after I stop and shift into neutral.

Also when I take off my foot goes up right away.

On another note, am I the only one who sometimes tries to balance as long as possible after stopping?
I do that sometimes too, I will slow down a little ways before the stopped traffic and idle along with my feet up as long as I can.

My brother's Beemer RT with it's engine torque will allow you to sit there and keep the bike stable when stopped with no feet down-just takes throttle control.

Gyroscopic effect of the motor?
I would say yes...if you rev it with both feet down it tries to pull to the right enough you have to really hold it. Put your feet on the pegs and gently blip the throttle and you can stay upright as long as your wrist and fuel holds out..

He took his old '78 RT in a scrambles race (bags and all) and won it, he never had to put his feet down the whole course. I laughed at the expression on people's face when he came over the hill on that thing...he has something like 600,000 miles on it now.

I would say yes...if you rev it with both feet down it tries to pull to the right enough you have to really hold it. Put your feet on the pegs and gently blip the throttle and you can stay upright as long as your wrist and fuel holds out..

He took his old '78 RT in a scrambles race (bags and all) and won it, he never had to put his feet down the whole course. I laughed at the expression on people's face when he came over the hill on that thing...he has something like 600,000 miles on it now.
That's awesome!

You guys can get both feet down? ;)
I only experienced that with this

DSC_2815.JPG

The RT's and all the boxer 1200's have crazy low CG's. Very stable. Try that on the K1600! The CG on my BMW is so high I feel like I'm going to fall over moving at 5-10 mph.

Back