One foot stop at light...

I've never really thought about it but I think I have a 5 second rule. If I'm stopped for any longer, the other foot goes down. It's the left foot first almost all the time as I use the rear brake to come to a complete stop.

... I use the rear brake to come to a complete stop.

The rear brake stretches the bike and settles the suspension, helping to provide a smoother stop and reducing the risk of tipping over. However, do you turn the steering so that you proactively fall to the left? Ever fall to the right?

The rear brake stretches the bike and settles the suspension, helping to provide a smoother stop and reducing the risk of tipping over. However, do you turn the steering so that you proactively fall to the left? Ever fall to the right?
I actually counter steer at the last minute as I come to a stop so the bike drops to the side I want it to. I rarely put both feet down at a stop. I don't have a specific side because road conditions sometime dictate the side I put my foot down on.

Yeah a tiny bit of countersteer as it's coming to a stop and always to lean left unless there's an oil slick or likewise to change things up. I've been riding so long it's just second nature and I had to think about it lol.

Will a biker in Iowa feel discrimination when he rolls up to his licence test on his old Harley with a left foot actuated clutch? What then? :laugh:
I gotta get outa this thread BEFORE I say something stoopid.:D
After any complete stop,on any surface the use of 2 feet down, 1 finger on the front brake. How can you go wrong. Ever felt movement from the wind or rigs,buses going by at a stop? Add a slippery surface,full tank bag,full hard bags,a fat pillion.:p IDK...I let you guys figure out the common sense approach on this one.
Rubb.
Must be a Iowa thing 90% Harley riders. Every time you stop at a stop sign. You have to sit there and rev your bike nonstop If you didn’t how would anyone know how cool you are. How can you do that with your hands on the front brake. Come on RSD

Must be a Iowa thing 90% Harley riders. Every time you stop at a stop sign. You have to sit there and rev your bike nonstop If you didn’t how would anyone know how cool you are. How can you do that with your hands on the front brake. Come on RSD

A guy I know has a new HD and he is constantly revving it, I asked him if it isn't working properly, he said "it's brand new, it runs great" I said "it must be running poorly as you are always revving it and as it's fuel injected, it must be having issues..."

He still revs it...must be a "look at me" thing.

Back