Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more

CrashBomb

Registered
Well I suppose it's about time to introduce myself around here, I've been lurking about long enough.
So...from the wild woods of Western Pennsylvania, hi.
beerchug.gif

I jumped in with both feet about two weeks ago and brought home the latest edition to my ever expanding stable, a pristine 2002 all black LE with custom paint and a good half of the mods I want to do already done to it. Want to hear the best part? Only 2400 original miles! It was a repo deal that got fought over and sat for a long time so it's barely been ridden. I've been through the entire thing and it really is almost flawless inside and out. I still can't believe my luck.
jump9.gif

So a longtime Ducati/Sportster rider goes Hayabusa. Yeah yeah...you can stop laughing, I've heard them all. Oh and just so you know, I'm not one of the typical HD jerks who can't see anything past a big twin and chrome mirrors as a "real motorcycle. I've been building and riding Sportsters for years and still get ribbed about the whole "girls bike/starter Harley" thing, so I'm no better in their eyes than sportbike riders.
face7.gif
But I digress...

Holy #$%@* I still can't get the grin off of my face. This bike is insane.
firedevil.gif
The thing that I really can't get over is how easy and comfortable it is to ride. After about 100 miles of laying on the tank with all my weight on my wrists I realized, "oh wow, I don't actually HAVE to sit that aggressively if I don't want to," and promptly sat up.
idea3.gif
KaPoW, no more wrist ache, no more numbness, and hey I'm not even burning my boot on the pipe anymore. (Don't laugh, I'm used to a 996, anyone who's ever sat on one has no problem imagining where the nickname "The Rack" came from. I didn't really know there WAS any other way to sit on a sportbike.)
drooling3.gif

So anyhow...just thought I'd say hello and greetings to you all. The wealth of knowledge here is constantly amazing and the friendliness with which it's dispensed is equally incredible. I look forward to getting to know any of you if you're willing to put up with someone who has the gall to park a Harley next to his Hayabusa.

My man down the street from me has a stacked/modded Busa all customized.... and his Harley is parked right next to it. So don't feel alone. My uncle also has a Harley...

Yes, the Busa is very comfortable to ride and quite easy (if you can ride). I think that's what makes the Busa such an amazing machine to own. You can ride it with little effort and still know that you've got the power between your legs to launch by any other vehicle/bike on the road if you need to.

Welcome aboard... and keep posting. Stick around! No more "lurking"! HAHAHAHA!!!

Working on things on the pictures front. The only one I've got at the moment is the one from the ad which isn't that great. I need a new digital camera, mine didn't survive my last trip south from the top of the last F.O. I jumped. (Note to self; do NOT pliff in hard and roll to the side you're carrying your camera on. Try the OTHER side dimwit.)

992574488_l.jpg

Thanks. Over the phone I heard the kanji color described as "Kawasaki neon green," and I was sort of like, "um...ew?" (Hadn't yet seen a picture) But when I finally saw it it started to grow on me and I like it a little more every time I look at it. It really does look much better in real life, it's a little darker and not that flashy when you see it.

Welcome aboard! That Kanji does look a little...
rock.gif
At first I thought my vision was becoming more impaired. One shot of Patron couldn't have done THAT much damage on an empty stomach.

After looking at it about 10 times.....I still don't like it.
laugh.gif
j/k Does the tank sticker match?

Sounds like a great deal on the Busa
cool.gif

Welcome to the org from a former girly bike rider (but I am a gal, so LOL)...went from an 883 Sportster to the Busa and never looked back...hubby rides a Harley so you can imagine the ribbing that goes on in our house
laugh.gif

Glad you joined! You've found the best Busa spot on the web
wink.gif

Back