On The Road Chain Maintenance

sweeper

Registered
I've got a tommy jack that makes getting the rear wheel off the ground easy. I've always preferred to clean from the lower section of chain near the middle away from the rear wheel to keep as much slippery stuff off the tire as possible. With the Busa the lower belly wing tends to make this method difficult. I don't want to have to remove it to wax or clean the chain while traveling. What do most of you guys do? Spray from behind the rear sprocket keeping the overspray contained within a cupped rag?

I wrap the left side of the tire with news papers and rag under the rear tire. to keep the mess to minimum.

smile.gif
but i only do it in the garage

Yeah the garage is easy. Actually, I just realized that if I would go ahead and get an aftermarket single exhaust it would make life much easier. Yeah that's the ticket. I'll just tell the wife I need to buy $1k pipes so I can clean my chain.
smile.gif

Yeah the garage is easy.  Actually, I just realized that if I would go ahead and get an aftermarket single exhaust it would make life much easier.  Yeah that's the ticket.  I'll just tell the wife I need to buy $1k pipes so I can clean my chain.  
smile.gif
Mine cost me 1500 acko fs, pcr3 and map.

I spray the bottom of the chain, move the bike foward a foot, spray and repeat 4x. Slow but it works.

Back