On The Balance Of Selling My Bike

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
I have a 2007 rcc stage 1 with countless aftermarket parts....I was asking 6500 for the longest time with no local luck. So I asked a friend to buy it at a reduced price and he agreed so now it is up to me to dump it. I had fun racing it and lost the interest for land speed stuff...I will end up hurting myself or get major tickets on the street...I still rev it out here and there but the thrill is almost gone. Any comments are welcome.

I would say its payed for, it doent eat anything, dont get rid of it. Just cover it and let it go for a while. few months down the road you will want to jump on it and tear some poop up. Especialy if you put your heart and soul into that thing.

I have a few projects like that, I work on them, I get burnt out, let it sit for a while, then I get the itch again and its on..... She will be there for you when you need her.
dont do it. man....

No comments necessary. You've already agreed to the sale. Should have asked for comments before. Good luck with your next bike.

Sell it. I'm older now and love to ride. Born and raised on dirt bikes since the age of 12. First street bike was a 78 RD 400. Hooked at 17. Graduated to faster bikes. Bought faster bikes. You all know the story. As I became an older more experienced rider I was more observant of those younger than me riding at the limit with no regard. Reminded me of myself 30 years ago. I don't have to give you guys an education on distracted drivers due to texting, etc. I know you have all experienced it. I'm personally sick of it and as I live in Florida there are no primary laws regarding this. A personal message to RYC1966. I was out riding with a friend last weekend on some back roads w/45 mph, lots of curves and a few 120 straights when we were passed by someone like myself 30 years younger. My buddy on his modified R1 decided to chase him down. We probably had 1000 yards out before the 35 mph right apex so passing the truck approx 300 yards out was no problem. Entry speed was about 80 mph for him. The real problem was that it had rained earlier and as he braked for the corner he slid on the paint line and went into the opposing lane and off into a grass runoff which was lucky for him. Had a vehicle been in the opposing lane converging on hid apex it would have been an entirely different story. Scared the poop out of me as he could have been a statistic.

By all means it is a friend who wants to help me out...I could keep it but I need the money... I haven't worked in two weeks just a bad time. I can still ride it when I ask but it is no longer mine which is odd as it won't be there any time I desire to get the speed fix. Thanks for the replys

sell it and take care of yourself and yours.. down the road something else will spark the interest again. we all been there and back. i have sold my bikes many times over and now i just keep one in the garage for looks since i havent riden it in over a year now... ita about to go to the shed so i can make room in the garage..

good luck and hope everything turns out good for you

Sit back , and think for a night . I OWN a turbo busa . Will something else fill the void ? If inside you know you wont miss it then move on , but if 6 moths later your throwing $$$$ at the next want item XXXXX It may be a mistake . Good luck sir in the Quest of what ever suits YOU :)

Back