On now... Alive day memories from Iraq.

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
I caught his interview on The Today Show or one of those talk shows the other day... and knew by his complete heartfelt reaction that I would have to watch. I have watched about ten minutes so far and can't watch anymore without feeling like crying and yet feeling so proud of all the people that serve and have served in our Armed Forces.
I get updates from my friends that are still in about the friends that are gone or wounded. If you get a chance and want to see people that are so willing to sacrifice. It is on HBO tonight and probably off and on the rest of the week.

And while people as individuals my not agree with this current war you should respect that there are Great people willing to go the distance.

Whether this is a documentary to support or critic the war is unimportant to me... What it brings home to me as a man that has served is how poorly as a country we treat and remember our fallen our wounded and our currently serving troops.

Thank you to all who are currently serving and have served.

Just got done watching this. Without a doubt The best documentary period. This show should be run on every single station at the same time. Simply heartwrenching..

lurk.gif

Man I was going to Post a thread about this last night right after I got done watching it. Man all I have to say is my heart goes out to everyone who is currently serving our great nation and also to the folks that have served. I would also like to add as well that this was an outstanding documentary my hat goes off to James Gandolfini for doing this and bring to the fore front some of the real stuff that our soldiers are facing over there in the Big Sandbox. It kills me every day that I turn on the TV and see that more of our soldiers are lost fighting for OUR country. Some times I feel like OUR Soldiers are fighting for a lost cause due to the Gorilla warfare that those people are using over there then have the nerve to send us tapes with them praising Allah well I hope that once they get blown up I hope Allah just bends them over and gives it to them side ways.

What would be great is if we just threw the Geneva convention out the window... It seems like we are the only Country that really follows the guidelines for the most part... Could you imagine if the only directive given to our Military was to win. No other caveats but win. Things would be over much quicker and we really wouldn't be hated much more than we already are... I am a firm believer in the carrot and the stick philosophy... We can either come in and build you a working infrastructure ie... schools, agriculture, energy producing utilities , clean drinking water and so on with an American oversight committee in perpetuity to gently nudge YOUR government not necessarily to western ideals but to keep your fanatical nut jobs out of power. OR we can turn your country into slag regardless of the cost of human life. Those are the options. Prosperity and self rule (as long as you don't revert to any type of radical behaviour) OR complete and utter destruction and putting you even further into the stoneage than you already are...

Back