On my way back to Florida

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Was in Northern Florida a few weeks back to drive my grandfather and grand mother back to florida after My grandfather fell in the bathroom and broke his arm. He is 85 and does not walk well and my grandmother has demensha. I got to there home and it was really bad. No other family lives nearby and we are 900 miles away. The house was full of trash (130 bags to the dumpster worth). Washed all there clothes from I would expect a years worth. I tried to get everything in order to get them care. A nurse, house keeper, physical theropy etc..... I guess it was not enough. My grandma wad not ate anything or drank anything for 3 days and was in serious dehydration and almost died. My grandfather just thought she was sleeping. I came back up here to find a house to buy them that was close to my parents in Hillsboro Illinois. I found one last week. I am heading out in the morning and driving down so I can pack all there sh** and get them up here. If any Northern Florida Busa guys want to go out for a drink, I may need one... Whew!!!! Been stressing all day not thinking my grandma was going to make it. She was lucky and made it out of a coma and is back. Dr was shocked, she should not have made it. Will be in Florida for a week or more.

Darn, that sucks. Hang in there, you are doing a great thing. Have a nice cold one and don't stress too bad!
coffee.gif

I think I am beyond stress now. If I was not going on a 14 hour drive tommorrow I might be hitting the bottle. I am not even a drinker, but it sounds good right now. I love Florida. Was born there and love to visit and would love to move back but don't like having to go for reasons like this.

Hang in there, and have a safe trip. Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks Heavy, I am getting ready to pack up my computer so will check in when I get down there. See Ya Later!!!

Fate,

Not sure where in N. FL you are going to, but there a few of us around West Central FL (Tampa region). Ironically, I met up with and went riding with CorrodedAlien when he came down from CA to take care of his sick father.

Sad news. I hope you can do all the things you need to do.

--Wag--

That is an awesome disply of love and care! With more people like you, the world would be alot better!!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Best of luck...sorry you've having to do all of this, but family like you is so needed...
smile.gif

i am in alton, il and have a couple days off during the middle of next week...keep us up to date and i will be more than happy to help on this end if you are back by then...you are doing a good thing
beerchug.gif

Hope things are better for you and your family. You are doing a great thing for your family, they are fortunate to have you as a Grandson.

Sorry to hear that, and hope things work out. Pretty awesome of you to care so much about them. Prayers out for you and them.

Thanks for the support guys. I am down here now. It is in White Springs. Grandma is in Lake City. She is doing better but her memory is really bad. I don't know if the house thing will work now. I think they need to be more supervised. May have to move them in with me.

(Fate @ Oct. 09 2006,22:13) I love Florida. Was born there and love to visit and would love to move back
Who has Dimensia now!?! Florida sucks! I've lived her 35 miserable years and would LOVE to get the heck outta here but I can't do that until the In-Laws Kick off. When they go room temp, I'm moving to the mountains where there are 4 seasons in a year, Mosqutos are not the size of blue-jays and the Deer are bigger than the Dogs chasin' them!
Oh, Sorry to hear about the Grandparents. You're doing a good thing.

Back