On my quest for comfort mods...

Quiksilver

Registered
I cant seem to find my other post so i will post again. I have a gen 1 turbo so after some thought i will try to make the gen 2 more touring friendly. The stock seat and ride hight makes me feel as if im leaning too far forward. My gen 1 has a lower profile front tire due to turbo clearance issues and the rear is lowered 2 inches. Nice and low but i bottom out often. Id like to keep the gen 2 ride height for handling and clearance. I ordered a cut seat and lowering pegs. Im not sure i will need the pegs or even be able to fit them correctly with the stock exhaust. I wanted convertbars but the price is too steep right now. I remember seeing a busa with spacers to raise the tripple tree. I think i would go 3/4 as 1in seems like it may hit. I have a trip coming up that is about 3hrs one way and the wife will be on board. I was looking at corbin seats and backrest and member showed me his home made backrest. Im glad he did because it looked awsome and cheap to boot. So i ordered a seat and grab bar and will be picking up a plate when i get home. I also bought a tank mount grab bar but i think ill be returning because the wife probably wont use it.

I cant seem to find my other post so i will post again.

In case there is any feedback here that you want to track, I identified these for you:

Don't go for the that handle item from the second image.
It's known as "the eviscerator". In case of an accident it will cause great damage to your belly.
Better get a topcase and let your passenger rest on it from time to time.

@Quiksilver I think you have covered all yer bases :thumbsup: except I don't think anybody mentioned cruise control.Awesome for the long haul.I've had a couple bar mounted one's that work well,but a couple members have gone as far as an' electric servo type deal.
It's known as "the eviscerator". In case of an accident it will cause great damage to your belly.
Hey hayabusa Travels...whats next on the European Tour? Greece pic's were awesome.
In a frontal impact crash a broken pelvis is reality on bikes (like the Busa) where we sit "in" the bike as opposed to "on" it. Yer junk can strike the tank but I believe the likelihood of coming up out of the seat,clearing the fuel tank but remaining low enough for your pelvis to strike the "eviscerator" is negligible,but that is my opinion. The reason for the invention of the tank mounted grab bar is a supposed more comfortable position for pillion rather than holding the grab bar and pulling down for acceleration and holding on for braking. A top box does help for accel,but not for braking,it is still necessary for passenger to hold something for that. I have my passenger palm the tank with palms out.
Some members use these. I cannot recommend or condemn.

belt.jpg

There are other manufactures of the idea.

These sell HERE but prolly on Amazon,EPay,etc.

Rubb.

belt / tank grip and so on - what a rubbish

no matter if male or female passenger - the first time everyone gets the following announcement, always the same:
sit up
slide right up to me
lean on me very lightly
where your nipples touch my back they stay, no matter what kind of curve etc comes.
feel free to hold on to me when accelerating

basta - that's all and in 44 years now i have never needed such a children's toy.

okay at very first time i never did a full acceleration - i give em the time to learn
and slowly, after some 3 or 4 rides i increase the acc. a bit

and if you really want a child to go along, you just have to mount a child seat.

belt / tank grip and so on - what a rubbish

no matter if male or female passenger - the first time everyone gets the following announcement, always the same:
sit up
slide right up to me
lean on me very lightly
where your nipples touch my back they stay, no matter what kind of curve etc comes.
feel free to hold on to me when accelerating

basta - that's all and in 44 years now i have never needed such a children's toy.

okay at very first time i never did a full acceleration - i give em the time to learn
and slowly, after some 3 or 4 rides i increase the acc. a bit

and if you really want a child to go along, you just have to mount a child seat.

@Berlin Germany fug you.
Rubb.

I decided not to go with it. When i got my gen 2 i swore no more cheap parts and there i was. So far ive got the atlas throttle lock and a cut seat. Im still undecided on the cheapo lowered pegs.

@Quiksilver I think you have covered all yer bases :thumbsup: except I don't think anybody mentioned cruise control.Awesome for the long haul.I've had a couple bar mounted one's that work well,but a couple members have gone as far as an' electric servo type deal.

Hey hayabusa Travels...whats next on the European Tour? Greece pic's were awesome.
In a frontal impact crash a broken pelvis is reality on bikes (like the Busa) where we sit "in" the bike as opposed to "on" it. Yer junk can strike the tank but I believe the likelihood of coming up out of the seat,clearing the fuel tank but remaining low enough for your pelvis to strike the "eviscerator" is negligible,but that is my opinion. The reason for the invention of the tank mounted grab bar is a supposed more comfortable position for pillion rather than holding the grab bar and pulling down for acceleration and holding on for braking. A top box does help for accel,but not for braking,it is still necessary for passenger to hold something for that. I have my passenger palm the tank with palms out.
Some members use these. I cannot recommend or condemn.

View attachment 1625291

There are other manufactures of the idea.

These sell HERE but prolly on Amazon,EPay,etc.

Rubb.
I would love to go the electronic cruise route. Everything is stock so extra room to mount would have to be aquired.

I would love to go the electronic cruise route. Everything is stock so extra room to mount would have to be aquired.
There was a thread on here years ago about it. I tried to search it up for you with no luck. I believe Doug/ @captain was involved with its design or something. Can't remem exactly might have been like 15 years ago now.Maybe try a PM to him.They had it all worked out I believe.
Maybe @RedBull could dig it up for you...he's our resident research genius.
Don't know how he does it,but he does. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

I'd never have a bike without it. Best mod ever.
If only the OS manufacturing plant would start manufacturing again for me.. Sigh..

Reactions: c10
Hope this post is not considered offtopic because it relates to the issue at hand with that tank grip thing.

I actually had an accident back in the february 2016 when a car cut me off and made us fly over it. My wife got the worse of it as the contact with the planet caused 3 ribs to crack on her left side.

I got up from the the ground after rolling on the rear window and the trunk of the car. I was bruised in the pelvic area for two weeks because I seriously bent the tank.
I didn't have that grip installed on my motorcycle and also no luggage.
Speed on impact, somewhere at 80-90km/h (49-55 mph). I don't know what would have happened if I had that grip, but it's good I didn't find out the hard way as before having the accident I was thinking of buying that tank grip.

These are from 2016:

1.jpg

Watch the gas tank hole I made with my "you know what":

2.jpg

Judging by the image above, I bet that the eviscerator he could have done real damage.
The car was totaled, it got frame bended a few degrees to the right. The insurance guy declared the car unrepairable because of the way the frame got bended.

3.jpg

I laser checked my frame and it was ok, but had to replace the front wheel, the forks, the gas tank, the clock frame and "a few" other parts. But overall, the bike has been professionaly repaired after. Got new fairings and with the new parts, every screw hole fitted with ease.
That's why I'm so attached to this bike. It's a tank that already killed a 1.4ton car.

About my future trip:
This season will be in North Macedonia and finishing in Turkey. We plan to leave in september, maybe on the 10th. My country has many cases of infectations and travelling is restrictive for us as many neighbouring countries imposed travel restrictions and "special demands" for romanian citizens.
My initial travel plans got postponed so I'll take what I can get. Hope that you guys are ok and your families are too.

All my future trips and "adventures" will be posted in english on a new youtube channel created just for that.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Hope this post is not considered offtopic because it relates to the issue at hand with that tank grip thing.

I actually had an accident back in the february 2016 when a car cut me off and made us fly over it. My wife got the worse of it as the contact with the planet caused 3 ribs to crack on her left side.

I got up from the the ground after rolling on the rear window and the trunk of the car. I was bruised in the pelvic area for two weeks because I seriously bent the tank.
Speed on impact, somewhere at 80-90km/h (49-55 mph). I don't know what would have happened if I had that grip, but it's good I didn't find out the hard way as before having the accident I was thinking of buying that tank grip.

These are from 2016:

View attachment 1625329

View attachment 1625330

Judging by the image above, I bet that the eviscerator he could have done real damage.
The car was totaled, it got frame bended a few degrees to the right. The insurance guy declared the car unrepairable because of the way the frame got bended.

View attachment 1625331

I laser checked my frame and it was ok, but had to replace the front wheel, the forks, the gas tank, the clock frame and "a few" other parts. But overall, the bike has been professionaly repaired after. Got new fairings and with the new parts, every screw hole fitted with ease.
That's why I'm so attached to this bike. It's a tank that already killed a 1.4ton car.

About my future trip:
This season will be in North Macedonia and finishing in Turkey. We plan to leave in september, maybe on the 10th. My country has many cases of infectations and travelling is restrictive for us as many neighbouring countries imposed travel restrictions and "special demands" for romanian citizens.
My initial travel plans got postponed so I'll take what I can get. Hope that you guys are ok and your families are too.

All my future trips and "adventures" will be posted in english on a new youtube channel created just for that.
Cheers!
Sorry to hear about that...but you 2 are both OK so thats good. I'm happy you are continuing with riding. Enjoy the upcoming trip.
Rubb.

On my first Busa (2011) I spent considerable time and money going with "comfort mods". This included lowered adjustable height footpegs, Heli-bars, taller wind screen and a custom seat. That bike was stolen some time after that so I bought another Busa (2008) and did no comfort mods to it. I found that with totally stock ergonomics the bike was more comfortable than it was modified. For me, the key to long hours in the saddle on my Busa is using a 21 liter tank bag and resting my chest on it, relieving the weight on my arms. I have done quite a few days in excess of 14 hours. This bike is designed to be a comfortable long distance tourer right out of the box. Why mess with perfection?

Why mess with perfection?
Because we can. Motorcyclists have been "Modding" their bikes since they were invented,for lots of reasons. I can't ride for krap...so I just go for cool looking. The comfort thing...IDK does "One size-Fit's All" apply here?
She doesn't post anymore,but a past member is 5 feet tall. Then,ya got Ben. Doesn't post any more either,but Ben is 6' 10".
Yer saying they are both going to be comfortable on the same bone stock Busa? I gotta disagree.
You know what they say about opinions...they're like A$$holes...
and I am one.
rofl.gif

Rubb.

These are from 2016:

View attachment 1625329

View attachment 1625330

View attachment 1625331

About my future trip:

Cheers!
Wow

Back