On a Busa again

Neophyte

Registered
Because of being "out of action" for a while I sort of forgot I had my subscription here.

So in the end I could not get me a Gen 2 like I wanted to at the beginning of the year but got me a very nice Gen 1 about 3 and half months back.

She has lots of little dress-up extras and some or other engine mods like possibly head and cams. She does have a K&N filter too. I lowered her a tad recently too for my short legs but also for the high-speed stability I understand it provides. I also installed an integrated taillight and switchback LED bulbs in the front indicators.

She went in for a check-up recently due to running badly at low rpm which got worse. Turned out to be super dirty fuel pump and near blocked injectors.

After that she was put on the dyno where she actually made 176hp and 153Nm.

20190615_143543.jpg

dyno-20190704.jpg

Oh I am for sure having lots of fun! On my previous bike I could reasonable easily fill the speedo BUT that speedo was a fair bit optimistic. This bike's speedo is spot on according to my cell phone's GPS. The fastest I could go so far was very near redline in fifth (10,700 to 10,800 I guess). I went to sixth but had to immediately jump on the brakes for traffic coming up. Cell phone reported a max 278km/h :-D and what a rush getting there! So, in my mind I should be able to break a true 300 given long enough quiet road. Maybe I should ride out one night at like 1am or 2am.

Oh I am for sure having lots of fun! On my previous bike I could reasonable easily fill the speedo BUT that speedo was a fair bit optimistic. This bike's speedo is spot on according to my cell phone's GPS. The fastest I could go so far was very near redline in fifth (10,700 to 10,800 I guess). I went to sixth but had to immediately jump on the brakes for traffic coming up. Cell phone reported a max 278km/h :-D and what a rush getting there! So, in my mind I should be able to break a true 300 given long enough quiet road. Maybe I should ride out one night at like 1am or 2am.
I suspect you should be careful of the African fauna bro , maybe try to find a long quiet stretch , go a weekday and try her out , night time can be too risky !!

Thanks for the concern. Yes it is true that it will be more risky at night but no need to stress about the African fauna here in the city. Out on some of the national roads in some areas you might have buck crossing the roads yes or other smaller animals / critters. Most of the city highways are well lit four-lane highways where I honestly actually feel safer doing it at night than in daytime. But it will most definitely be a week night.

Thanks for the concern. Yes it is true that it will be more risky at night but no need to stress about the African fauna here in the city. Out on some of the national roads in some areas you might have buck crossing the roads yes or other smaller animals / critters. Most of the city highways are well lit four-lane highways where I honestly actually feel safer doing it at night than in daytime. But it will most definitely be a week night.
We got lots of Australian fauna in and around the cities , especially it seems my city , and even more so at night !!:thumbsup:

Back