omg omg bike is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KhandyRhedBhusa

Registered
dooooooooooooood guess what it was!
it was the injectors. soooo clogged just looking at them. lots of carbon build up.
I blasted the ports and surrounding areas with break cleaner.
I popped in some really clean ones. just reving it the bike feld strong!! My bike was crippled for a long time!
because I never felt the power like this. i had 16/43 gearing before the bike
was messing up. it would alway dip in power from stop, then gradually
build up power.
Now my bike gooooooes instantly. I have 16/40 gearing now. My bike is
soooo fast now, it will pull the hell out of my bike before!
it literally throws me back off the seat, and wants to wheelie in first so bad!

My bike has beeen starving for a long time. every gear pulls like a friggin train now. i will send my injectors to RC :D

Yea, is like a new motor huh?

periodic injector flushing will help keep them clean.. :) (per instructions on flush)

yes its like a new motor.
feels like the bike was down 25hp down low
and 35p uptop. crazy feeling hehe
most gratifying when performance issues get fixed in one swoop :)

I run Techron or Slick50 injector cleaner at least once a season in all my FI motors.. Both seem to work really well although not as effective as my "dedicated" system (bypasses fuel system and runs a concentrate through the system)

you do not get that "radically improved" feeling like you just got but at least the motors have smoother response :)

Glad to hear you got her going!

Note to self: pick up some Seafoam :laugh:

injectors wont clog if you open them all the way up once awhile:poke:

j/k:laugh: but fo' realz it does help to just wind your motor up every so often in neutral...n bouncin off a 10k-rpm rev limiter sounds SOOOOOO GOOOOOD:bowdown: what more reason do you need?:whistle:

injectors wont clog if you open them all the way up once awhile:poke:

j/k:laugh: but fo' realz it does help to just wind your motor up every so often in neutral...n bouncin off a 10k-rpm rev limiter sounds SOOOOOO GOOOOOD:bowdown: what more reason do you need?:whistle:
:laugh: might knock some blacky carbon loose out of the motor at least.. about the only thing that helps the injectors is good clean fuel and a decent detergent..

Seems to me, he may (stress MAY) have an under lying issue. Should he really have carbon deposits that far up the throttle bodies? That's what, 4 inches or better above the intake valves and the air/fuel should be moving into the engine. I would still run some really good fuel system cleaner through the bike. It wouldn't supprise me if you have alot of buildup on the valve seats as well. I pulled the injectors on mine last month while troubleshooting a fuel delivery issue, and mine looked about 1/10th that bad with 50,000 miles on them. Had them cleaned and tested anyway and gained about 10% fuel flow.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad your happy and back on the road:thumbsup: But, I would visually check them out after a couple of oil change cycles and see what they look like.

Just my .02

wow didn't realize all the replies! :D
Yeah i plan to SeaFoam about every 2or3 weeks
or you think this is overboard?
i checked the injectors out yesterday, and they were still really clean
but i blasted some break cleaner down there anyway. Evvvvery now and then
I will hit a stumble. but my bet is that its the bad air filter. its really dark.
i have a new one or two on the way lol
if that doesn't fix, then its pump starting to go out.

guys thanks for all the tips. its like a different bike now lol.

Back