omg my feet hurtttttt

bigtwan25

Registered
so just go my busa so i decided to intro duce my new busa to how i ride so i did i nice 150 mile trip im 5 '10 345 so i sit alil wide legged on the bike so i tend to place my feet ont the outer part of the pegs about 120 miles in my feet started to go numb pins and needles so is ther any lower or wider peg options out there?????????????????? cus my feet would be so happy :bowdown:

That happened to me on my f4i...I'm also big 6'2 .300lbs n that happens to me...no probs on the busa yet....hope they make an extension
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just guessing here but do you hook your heels on the pegs? I'm not quite as big as you (currently 6' 308 lbs.) but I've found it is much more comfortable if I ride with the balls of my feet on top of the pegs. It took a while for it to feel normal since I came to the Busa from riding choppers but is totally worth it now. Just my $.02 about what I found works for me. :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

It's weird, whenever I saw a rider roll down the road I just assumed his feet were in the same position on either side. The way I ride is weird to me, left foot, ride on the ball of foot. right foot, rests more on the arch so I can cover brake easier when needed. it's whats comfortable for me i guess:thumbsup:

Im 6"2" and 317 lb my feet went numb on a 36 mile ride riding 80 mph + I think it was the vibration from the bike cause I cruised down A1A Palm Beach 35 to 40 mph on the bike for 1 hour and half no problems please some one give some advice will stock rubber foot pegs help or do i need motorcycle boots I ride with tennis shoes

Numb feet and/or pain in the calf on bikes can be caused if you have "large" legs and tall. It's the bend at the knee that restricts some blood flow to your lower leg. Lower footpegs, ride breaks and lose bulk around the legs will help.
Found this out years ago from an old time racer. Dropped some weight from my legs, (and body too) and it made a huge difference. The buell pegs are a great idea too

Im 6"2" and 317 lb my feet went numb on a 36 mile ride riding 80 mph + I think it was the vibration from the bike cause I cruised down A1A Palm Beach 35 to 40 mph on the bike for 1 hour and half no problems please some one give some advice will stock rubber foot pegs help or do i need motorcycle boots I ride with tennis shoes
Why? I mean, seriously, why would you ride a motorcycle with tennis shoes? Were you on your way to a tennis tournament?
As John McEnroe said . . .
1551347065445.png

You gotta wear bike boots man, give it a try, your feet will thank you for it!

Im in South Florida its hot here Its idiot's here that wear sandals riding their bikes or flip flops my shoes are leather was looking for advice not criticizing seeing if a sports riding boot would absorb the vibration of the bike to keep my feet from getting numb or maybe its the foot pegs that are aftermarket aluminum thats on the bike when I bought it I didn't want to pay a$160 for a pair of boots and have the same problem

Numb feet and/or pain in the calf on bikes can be caused if you have "large" legs and tall. It's the bend at the knee that restricts some blood flow to your lower leg. Lower footpegs, ride breaks and lose bulk around the legs will help.
Found this out years ago from an old time racer. Dropped some weight from my legs, (and body too) and it made a huge difference. The buell pegs are a great idea too

Buell pegs I see alot people recommending them do you have a picture or poin me in the right place to look at them on line please

I ride with Alpinestars WP (water proof ) Fastbacks ( I think that's the name ) shortish boot / shoe . They are comfortable to walk around on , they go to US 14 , and are around or under AU $200 . They along with a lot of 'motorcycle shoes' come with some laces , now this can be dangerous because it can hook you gear lever or brake possibly , and you have to break them before you fall at standstill .The Buell pegs are recommended ( no pic ) , but could still get some vibes because no rubber , full aluminum . Still the best most cost effective solution along with cycle pirates peg lowering kit . Good luck .
toad

Im in South Florida its hot here Its idiot's here that wear sandals riding their bikes or flip flops my shoes are leather was looking for advice not criticizing seeing if a sports riding boot would absorb the vibration of the bike to keep my feet from getting numb or maybe its the foot pegs that are aftermarket aluminum thats on the bike when I bought it I didn't want to pay a$160 for a pair of boots and have the same problem
Don’t expect much sympathy from members here when you don’t wear proper gear. I’m in Florida as well and my sidi vortice boots air (perforated ones) is all I wear. I have the buell peg mod, which has no rubber on the peg and don’t have a problem riding hundreds of miles in a day, so don’t thing the pegs are the problem. the busa rearsets have rubber bushings at the 3 bolts that secure them to the frame for reduced vibration.

Why? I mean, seriously, why would you ride a motorcycle with tennis shoes? Were you on your way to a tennis tournament?
As John McEnroe said . . .
View attachment 1595282
You gotta wear bike boots man, give it a try, your feet will thank you for it!

LOL, I think what the folks here refer to as "tennis shoes" could be different to what you would wear on a tennis court in New Zealand. They are called different things around the world, but generally worn as casual footwear by most. Could be "sneakers", "running shoes", "tackies", "gutties" etc.

I ride with Alpinestars WP (water proof ) Fastbacks ( I think that's the name ) shortish boot / shoe . They are comfortable to walk around on , they go to US 14 , and are around or under AU $200 . They along with a lot of 'motorcycle shoes' come with some laces , now this can be dangerous because it can hook you gear lever or brake possibly , and you have to break them before you fall at standstill .The Buell pegs are recommended ( no pic ) , but could still get some vibes because no rubber , full aluminum . Still the best most cost effective solution along with cycle pirates peg lowering kit . Good luck .
toad

Indeed. I have the normal Astars fastbacks and they're great. I often wear them into the office under jeans even if I'm not riding in. I have their smx6 boots for long rides and odd track day.
And the buell peg was my first ever Busa mod. Proper boots and no vibs..

I wear Joe Rocket boots and the cheapie Chinese drop pegs with no rubber and so far no issues even with my Plantar Fasciitis (knock on wood).

It seems to me your foot is resting on the outside of the peg...maybe have someone take a picture of your foot on the peg in a riding position, get two angles, one from the side and back.

I wear Joe Rocket boots
and the cheapie Chinese drop
pegs with no rubber and so far no issues
even with my Plantar Fasciitis ( knock on wood ) .

It seems to me your foot is
resting on the outside of the peg . . .

Maybe have someone take a picture
of your foot on the peg in a riding position ,
get two angles , one from the side and back .

Back