OMG I'm still in shock...

Thats why it so cheap for you :( I really regret all those tickets from being young, stupid and having a V8 Camaro :poke:

Hey, anyone in MD experience a rate hike with State Farm? Spoke to the lady at the agent and she claims it's the state that has made the rate go up. Started at $32/mo when I had my zx6 then $38/mo last year when I got the Busa and
now $49/mo??? I know this particular agent moved to Annapolis so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. I have clean record and home/car/bike with them. Still a good price considering all other quotes were much higher but just curious.

Last edited:
Thats why it so cheap for you :( I really regret all those tickets from being young, stupid and having a V8 Camaro :poke:

I'm 22, have gotten something like 8-10 tickets, and state farm gave me full coverage. I was 20 when I got the bike and it was 120/month. When I turned 21 it went down to 110/month and that's where it is now.

I get a letter today from State Farm ins saying they can save me $.
Ok so I give them a call and get quote on both cars..
No go its almost double what I pay to Geico but while there on phone with them I say hey it cant hurt to ask about the bike can it >
To preface this I have had Geico for yrs, called them $4100 a yr..:rofl:
Called Progressive....$3200 a yr..:rofl:
Called Allstate.....$4000 a yr..
This was all when I bought it and it really turned me off on INS for Blanca.
But today I ask State Farm "How Much" just cuz I needed a good laugh..

OMG FULL COVERAGE $500 DEDUCTIBLE
TOTAL 6 MONTH PREMIUM
ARE YOU READY.....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

$215.10 FULL COVERAGE FOR 6 MONTHS.
UH Duh..I hopped on and rode over and signed up.....:cheerleader:

Outstanding....

WHAT !!! That's what I pay a month almost. GOOD DEAL !!

I am very happy but not gonna hold my breath as it still needs to be approved and she says it will take 5-7 days before its final.
Asked her like 10 times "are you sure? You know what your doing?"
I even told her how much others were and she could not explain it ?
I looked at screen with her.
Right bike.
Right driver.

Thats insane !
How can it be over 4000 from others and 400 a yr from State Farm ?
I certainly wont complain if all goes well thats for sure !

Theft only was 10 bucks a month...
Theft and collision..20 bucks..
Full coverage, theft, comp, collision and bodily injury..35 bucks a month...
I'm giddy over here and I feel so much better.
Reading the threads from folks whose bike got knocked over, crashed for not really any reason other than it just happens made me nervous.
I also have 80% of value replacement on all afm access for 24 months for whatever I have receipts for.
After that it goes to ACV (actual cash value) but still I will get paid back for all my mods...:cheerleader:

Wooo Hooo !

I pay I think either $42 or $44 a month on my Busa. I've been with them for 20 years and really happy with it.

Yea blanca I turned 25 on Feb 12 a couple months ago, right when I got the bike... Feb 11 full coverage would have costed me 2500/yr. Feb 12 just under $600/yr. Gotta love state farm..

I have USAA and in Ohio it was a little over $200. Moved back to Texas and it went to almost $1k.

Geico quoted me $7,200 for the same coverage in OH... :rofl:

Is that full coverage or liability?

Full coverage, have had one bike stolen. At that time I was with Progressive though. 30, married, clean record, + 2 other vehicles with them.

State Farm is the way to go. Frankly, with few exceptions, I don't know why a motorcyclist would use any other company.

:thumbsup:

--Wag--

I pay about double what you got quoted at State Farm. Which is not to bad for here in Arizona. I do have a couple tickets on my record, but can't wait to see what my quote would be when they fall off.

Back