Omg cant belive i did ths

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
well it happend...at 3400 miles i pulled up for gas and approached the pump and pulled into the blind side of the pump (cagers filled up side i could see) and whoaaaa someone had spilled gas and they had that damn cat litter stuff all over the ground...i didnt see till to late and when i stopped front wheel kicked out from under me. didnt break anything but left some scratches on the plastic...man am i irritated...so will be either forking up the 654 bucks to order new right side or trying to get someone to plastic filler and sand and airbrush...its not that bad but since i know its there!!!! any suggestions besides the color match wax fix (crayola lol)

what a luck
sad.gif

what gas station were you at man? One of those ghetto ass stations there in C-town?

sorry to hear that...
I did about the same thing a month ago, so I know how you feel. I was hartbroken, good luck getting her back to her old self.  
sad.gif

If you can't get the station to pay, try E-Bay. I did a slow front slide back in 2004. I could not get the Red L.E. paint matched by the body shop. So I got a almost new piece for $125.00 to the door from E-Bay. I still have the new $100.00 decal (kangi) I bought when I thought it was going to be painted.

Same thing happened to me with my Seca 750 when I lived in California. Someone spilled gas and my bike went down when I pulled up to the pump. The gas station said they weren't paying for the broken parts.

I think you could get the money out of them but it would cost more in legal fees than the amount of damage to your bike.

Sorry to hear. Ask if they'll pay; if not, there's always small claims court--where you can do it yourself.

Yeah, they should have made a bigger effort to alert customers of the hazard. Sorry to hear about the accident.

OK DUDE you need to search ebay plenty of times, I had close to the same thing happen. 575 for new fairing, got exactly what I needed off ebay $25 bucks and shipping, was brand new. You can find the same deals I'm sure. What is the year and scheme I will help you look

Get the MSF course material and read it. It talks about situations like these and what to look out for during normal daily situations...gas stations, intersections, traffic lights, bridges...etc.

Very worthwhile read - better yet if you practice what they recommend.

I hate to see rashed plastics and all I can say is:

Secure a spare set of 06LE plastics
Store them in a secure location
Use the rashed ones for daily riding - slight touch-up and clear coat should help.
Use the new plastics for Pictures etc. Dont put them on..

Back