Older Peoples Brains hm

gurrera

Registered
Brains of older people are slow because they know so much...

People do not decline mentally with age, it just takes them longer to recall facts because they have more information in their brains, scientists believe.

Much like a computer struggles as the hard drive gets full up, so to do humans take longer to access information, it has been suggested.

Researchers say this slowing down is not the same as cognitive decline.

The human brain works slower in old age, said Dr. Michael Ramscar, but only because we have stored more information over time The brains of older people do not get weak. On the contrary, they simply know more.

Also, older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for. It is NOT a memory problem, it is nature's way of making older people do more exercise.

SO THERE!!

I have more friends I should send this too, but right now I can't remember their names...

Gurrera

Just make sure you use the "checklist" before leaving the gate on your next scheduled flight! :laugh:

I'm trying to erase old bad files and re-organise my brain.

Any idea how to run "Disk Cleanup" and "Check Disk" ? :laugh:

There you go. Just be careful and don't erase everything. :beerchug:

348044266908c145c11f524d9fbeb38e.jpg

You know the thought crossed my mind, but for some reason I went with more traditional American favorite. I personally am not a big fan of vodka and would never drink it straight up. The only time I use it extensively is in my Bloody Mary. But hey, if the people demand, who am I to judge...

majvodkamerge_wideweb__470x302,0.jpg

Here is an interesting fact. Vodka was consumed so extensively by Russian Politburo that Russian scientists were tasked to come up with vodka which does not leave you with a headache and other sorts of after-drinking issues the next morning. Guess what? They did, and as a result top communist leaders could drink with no side effects. Russian scientists were certainly leaders in this niche area of mass product consumption. :drinka: :drooling3:

:rofl: :beerchug: :banghead: :stirpot:

so... an idiot who doesn't know much. Would they be razor sharp and fast in their older age?

so... an idiot who doesn't know much. Would they be razor sharp and fast in their older age?

Spoken like a true database guy... LOL

Let me translate jellyrug: by old age, an idiot would presumably accumulate as much knowledge as a regular person by mid-twenties, thus being able to quickly access their limited knowledge base. Am I right, mysql?

Spoken like a true database guy... LOL

Let me translate jellyrug: by old age, an idiot would presumably accumulate as much knowledge as a regular person by mid-twenties, thus being able to quickly access their limited knowledge base. Am I right, mysql?

Oh, I see. I thought an idiot was someone who is an expert in subject matter. Like learning a two week course over and over from their mid-twenties to old age. Ex= "has been" and Spert = "Drip under pressure."

OK, I've got it now, my old brain seems to be failing me sometimes.

I'm trying to erase old bad files and re-organise my brain.

Any idea how to run "Disk Cleanup" and "Check Disk" ? :laugh:

Now you are onto something special. Where do I start ? At the root of your identity and general thought processes is your subconcious. Once you learn how to reprogram your subconcious

with your concious your personal world starts to change. This is a subject I have been focusing on for a long time. The good news is you can recreate who you are... and in ways you never thought

possible. Want to change your life? Change what you focus on for starters. Search for material having to do with this subject and you will find plenty. Bottom line, most of us

have no idea how powerful we really are. The reason is simple... we have been taught to believe things that are counter productive to us reaching our potential.

Example... get a good education and get a good job. I am not knocking education at all, I thinks it great! What is better is owning your own business and controlling your own destiny with that vital

education you learned in your chosen field.? Their is always the exception... some people make it in business and never went to school.

They learned it on the job or through connections they were born into. Or, they took a chance and learned it fast enough to survive and prosper.

Side note... poker is a business... a one man or woman business... notice this... many of them meditate. What do you think that does for their game and their life?

Do you think their might be some reprogramming going on in that activity?

Do you ever have thoughts and wonder where they came from ? Most of us have a lot of burried crap to identify and remove.

Their are techniques for that.

I completely agree about re-programming ourselves - on physical, mental, and spiritual levels. And I do practice those to a degree.

A human is nothing more than a biochemical machine with sophisticated program running continuously, and a soul which is placed into a driver's seat at birth (or earlier) and then taken out of a driver's seat at death.

All the booze does is squelch down your nervous system while allowing your inhibitions to gain easier access for other peoples entertainment.

I need a beer... :laugh:

Now you are onto something special. Where do I start ? At the root of your identity and general thought processes is your subconcious. Once you learn how to reprogram your subconcious

with your concious your personal world starts to change. This is a subject I have been focusing on for a long time. The good news is you can recreate who you are... and in ways you never thought

possible. Want to change your life? Change what you focus on for starters. Search for material having to do with this subject and you will find plenty. Bottom line, most of us

have no idea how powerful we really are. The reason is simple... we have been taught to believe things that are counter productive to us reaching our potential.

Example... get a good education and get a good job. I am not knocking education at all, I thinks it great! What is better is owning your own business and controlling your own destiny with that vital

education you learned in your chosen field.? Their is always the exception... some people make it in business and never went to school.

They learned it on the job or through connections they were born into. Or, they took a chance and learned it fast enough to survive and prosper.

Side note... poker is a business... a one man or woman business... notice this... many of them meditate. What do you think that does for their game and their life?

Do you think their might be some reprogramming going on in that activity?

Do you ever have thoughts and wonder where they came from ? Most of us have a lot of burried crap to identify and remove.

Their are techniques for that.

Some of us older guys have gotten to the stage where we enjoyed the ride, but now we just want good health, peace and be able to relax during the final stage of this great adventure. As Don use to say. "Every day is a gift."

Gonna have to get some of that Vodka, with the "no hangover" formulation.:laugh:

Even if he is in the mood... depending what he wants... it is likely we won't know about it until long after the "want' is granted.

Back