Old post possible problem with rear end-update

groran1000

Registered
Well, tried everything that I know of. chain looks new along with exam of both sprockets as well as the cush rubbers. It's a gen 2. Tested chain link for link. Took it to suzuki dealer here in Picayune and mechanic said he would have to drop engine to see what the problem is internally.:please: I still hear the more like a clunk when letting clutch out coming from the left side by my foot. Does it about every 3rd let out while easing in to park. I can also hear it not so well at highway speeds when I let off of gas and then get back on gas and not rough either. My neighbor from across street says he can hear it when I'm moving it to park,so it's not a light click. It's more like metal to metal clack. Man, I'm sick. I love this bike. I bought this bike used and I'm the 3rd owner with 9000 on the odo. It's like the slack is taken up on the slight amount of play before the trans engages and instead of a soft engagement, it's hard and makes the noise. I,ll make a utube vid of it and post the link. Otherwise, bike rides good engine is great. I've been trying to ignore this, but it doesn,t sound or feel right. My 2002 busa I had never did this. The mechanic said previous owner probably raw hided it. Any comments welcome, thanks

I wish I could tell you, can you upload the video? I cant imagine having to pull the motor unless something has really gone wrong.

well found problem. Are you all ready for this. well, I got my wife to operate the clutch while I lay on ground listening and all. It's the rear sprocket and the chain. Even though it all looks good. It was transmitting noise to the front making it sound like the noise was from output shaft, small sprocket area. Can you believe it. What blows my mind is mechanic at local dealer saying to drop the engine, ya think I'm going to EVER bring them anything to repair. Evidently there's wear on sprocket and chain and when clutch not released feather soft, clacking noise. I learned alot today about many things. Thanks to all that responded in the past.

I'm glad you got it, and I'm glad I got the Brock's ..... it keeps me from hearing all the little things :laugh:

What kind of chain maintenance do you pull, my factory chain and sprockets took me beyond 32K miles and I really don't take care of my stuff like I should.

I bought the bike with 7500 miles on it, now has 9000. I spray lube chain with stuff from bike shop every other ride or 200 miles. Hmmm, so you say it should last longer than 9000m then. Wonder why it's making noise. The adjustment bolt is almost all the way out on adjustment and that's about 1 inch up down play on chain. A couple more adjustments and the bolt will come out. It appears to be stretched almost all the way out, thanks

Back