Old guy in minnesota on my first hayabusa

bigjohnsonjeeps

Registered
I just picked up a 02 with some mods and just love the bike. I've owned many bikes from cruisers to sport bikes but never a Harley. The Hayabusa is by far the best one of the bunch. I ride back and forth to work and play on the weekends when the weather is nice. You just cant beat the power with these bikes.

****, I started on a '94 400 kawi when I was 17, then a zx9r when I was 20, and I landed on a busa at 25! Deos that mean i hit my midlife crisis early?!

-D

****, I started on a '94 400 kawi when I was 17, then a zx9r when I was 20, and I landed on a busa at 25! Deos that mean i hit my midlife crisis early?!

-D

The average person's brain is not fully developed until 25 so it looks like you are fully developed and jumped to the front of the class. :laugh:

Maybe they shouldn't allow anyone under 25 to buy a bike bigger than a 600.
I would like to see numbers of how many under 25 people where killed on a bike Especially bigger than a 600. Just curious.

The OP is old enough to know he's not invincible anymore so he should do OK.
Many 18 year olds haven't figured that out yet.

I have unfortunately seen way too many "younger" people on little bikes speeding along and revving at me wanting to race. Sorry pal but your 750 can't keep up.

There is a reason my insurance is so low, I only get on it when no one is around and I am fully geared. You are stupid for riding in glasses and sandals

-D

The average person's brain is not fully developed until 25 so it looks like you are fully developed and jumped to the front of the class. :laugh:

Maybe they shouldn't allow anyone under 25 to buy a bike bigger than a 600.
I would like to see numbers of how many under 25 people where killed on a bike Especially bigger than a 600. Just curious.

The OP is old enough to know he's not invincible anymore so he should do OK.
Many 18 year olds haven't figured that out yet.

Laws throughout Europe used to be that you had to start on a small cc bike, and gradually work your way up.
You also used to have to learn how to drive a straight gear car to get your drivers license.
I wonder if any of that still goes on today? Not a bad idea.

Laws throughout Europe used to be that you had to start on a small cc bike, and gradually work your way up.
You also used to have to learn how to drive a straight gear car to get your drivers license.
I wonder if any of that still goes on today? Not a bad idea.

Yep, stock picture of my first bike when I was 16 years old and when you turn 18, you can upgrade to a bigger bike. We use to bore them out to 70cc and have a race every Friday after school. :laugh:

Think I put 50cents in the tank and ride to school and back the whole week.

suzuki-50-1969_AS50.jpg

suzuki-50-1969_AS50.jpg

I think stick shift is a dying art really, you'd be surprised how many mechanics work for me that can't drive one!

-D

Back