Old Busa Out, New Busa In.........

todd moyer

Registered
I've been a member here for a number of years and always enjoyed posting stuff and surfing through the threads for information. A couple weeks ago we had a garage fire, the structure and everything in it was a total loss. Included in that was our beloved 2009 Hayabusa that we've owned since new. She'd covered just 16,445 miles before meeting her maker. Fionna will be dearly missed but fear not, we are on the look-out for a new or new left over Hayabusa to fill her place. We aren't far enough along yet with the insurance companies regarding payments or amounts but as soon as I get word on the bike, we'll be buying!

As time goes by and we get a new Hayabusa I'll update the thread. Until then I'm just window shopping via the world wide web lol.

Thank you. I'd just removed the Tsukigi slip-ons putting the originals back on as I am getting the Tsukigi cans powder coated and was getting ready to to do an oil/filter change. It's amazing how much of the bike was destroyed. There was quite a bit of damage to the house too but luckily the fire didn't spread, it was close though. All of the siding melted away, four of the five windows on that side of the house had the outer panes broken from the heat and the roof suffered some heat damage. Things almost went really really bad in a hurry.

garage%201_zpsl3kmjwa6.jpg

Fi%20out_zpslsbg8pdd.jpg

Breaks my heart seeing that pic!! Glad you are all ok. Hopefully insurance takes care of you soon.

One of my biggest fears. At least you and your family are ok. Everything else can be replaced.

Wow that sucks . glad you n family are ok and not homeless .

On another note I see oem cans can survive though .

That's awful to see man, glad you're okay. Had a similar experience myself in '05, lost a boat and 3 bikes. The silver lining to that catastrophe was that I bought my first Busa as a result... Hope things get straightened out for you quickly!

Thank you everyone. Yes, someplace there's a silver lining to all of this. It was a bad day when the fire happened and a sad day watching Fionna being dragged out of the garage.

As far as I know the investigation is complete. Adjusters have all done their thing, structure, contents, the auto and the motorcycle. Now it's just a matter of waiting on payments wich I am hoping happens soon. We're sooooo ready to get the garage torn down and start getting work done on the house. Everything will happen, it's just going to take a bit of time. We'll get a bike bought very soon and will store it in our enclosed trailer along with what I can salvage from my tool box.

That's awful! Incredible the damage that can occur so quickly. Hopefully everything gets taken care of quickly for you and you can get back to life before the accident. Glad the family is okay.

Yesterday was the day. After much consideration, a bit a head banging and hair pulling we bought another motorcycle. It was really a tough call, we talked about moving to a bagger cruiser, maybe stepping over to a ZX14R SE (which was very tempting) or just going back to what we know all so well. I never thought I'd walk in circles at a dealership for the amount of time I did lol.

IMG_2571_zpsjf0vg99r.jpg

IMG_2570_zpsttevtanz.jpg

You made the right choice :) ZX14 SE is nice with its Brembo masters , but handles like poo . Thing to remember about ZX14R is its a factory BIG BORE 1441 with factory hand Ported head . Share the same love to a bird , and game on !

Back