Okay...so I bore easily..4 ?'s cause...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I've been do'in my damndest to keep things oem stock but...I can't take it anymore.
tounge.gif

So...I guess I'll be doing some sort of 4:2 twin can full exhaust as even though I know a 4:1 would be more efficient I'm hooked on the dual exhaust look for the big busa...so...gotta have it...which i also assume will mandate the incorporation of some sort of PC...so...with an emphasis on aqquiring the baddest sounding deep throated/toned rumble...

1. what's the best full system 4:2 out there?

and...

2. which model PC should I go with?

Also...to better facilitate rear tire removal I think I'm finally ready to do away with the stock oem mudflap..so....

3. Who makes the best fitting undertail?

that will go well with...

4. Who has the best price on the "clear alternatives" integrated led directional/tailight assy?

T.I.A. Bill.
cool.gif

As far as PC's are concerned, unless you intend to modify the cams and perform some major engine mods, go with the PCIII. The other option is the PCIIIR but the R version is intended for adjustable timing and stuff that are required by more modified engines...

You'll be fine with the PCIII for your "minor" mods, and i recommend getting the bike tuned and custom mapped (injection mapping of the PC) on a dyno if you can. You'll get the most out of it then...

race.gif

MHO....HMF Hi-Mounts. Love the look. And the sound ain't all that bad either.

The PC question was covered, so we'll move on to...

Undertail. I'd go with a UFO undertail with ICEMANN lights. Top Gun isn't all that bad, but it's getting towards the Plain Vanilla thing.

JMHO....
cool.gif

I really love the sound of GJokers HMF's. It sounds nice and snarly at idle and puts out a pleasant bark from there on up
biggrin.gif
I'm really thinking HMF's myself but I'll probably go with the low version.

If ya want, you can look at my set up close and personal! You can look at all kinds of stuff. Corbin seat, HMF Hi-Mounts, Heli-Bars, Buell Peg Mod, Puig Racing screen No Cut Sliders etc. I need to hook up with ya to see about getting the front springs swapped. Bikes just about all done now. Got the front spring swap, rear suspension adjustment and chrome swingarm to install then I'm DONE ( for a little while anyway ) Let me know if ya have some free time in the next couple weeks.

+1 HMFs..you can't beat the power/sound/or look with any other dual exhaust.

25_May_04_004.jpg

Hi Bill...got your phone message. The PC3USB works well when properly mapped by a competent tuner and it's less expensive. Conversely, The PC3R does allow timing changes as mentioned above. Depending on the tuner, that could be beneficial for throttle response and the power curve. I looked carefully at my BDE maps for internally stock engines and there are many timing changes in those maps. THAT is part of why they run so strong.
biggrin.gif
Good luck with whatever you decide to do for mods.

So...I guess I'll be doing some sort of 4:2 twin can full exhaust as even though I know a 4:1 would be more efficient
Really?? So why doesn't Suzuki make it single pipe from factory? Did they use double pipes as a visual enhancement?

Not trying to be a smart @$$ or anything of the such, that was just new news to me ... that's all.

So...I guess I'll be doing some sort of 4:2 twin can full exhaust as even though I know a 4:1 would be more efficient
Really?? So why doesn't Suzuki make it single pipe from factory? Did they use double pipes as a visual enhancement?

Not trying to be a smart @$$ or anything of the such, that was just new news to me ... that's all.
From what I've seen 4:1 systems like the Akropovic make slightly more HP. They use that hydro bending system and slightly larger tubing for best flow. They also lay some incredible TIG welds on the titanium!! I just don't care at ALL for the sound of them
sad.gif
To me, once you are over a the 150hp mark, I'll take a nice exhaust note over a few hp.

1. what's the best full system 4:2 out there? [/QUOTE]

Yoshimura / Muzzy

2. which model PC should I go with? [/QUOTE]

If your only going in for a full Exhaust system, I recomend a PC3 USB

3. Who makes the best fitting undertail? [/QUOTE]

UFO

4. Who has the best price on the "clear alternatives" integrated led directional/tailight assy? [/QUOTE]

Spigga, my "more efficient" comment was primarily meant in regards to "weight savings"...which to me is the main reason for going to a full system (especially on a bike that already makes 150rwhp stock)...in which case two cans and two mid-pipes vs one is less efficient...but for asthetic purposes only I'm tempted to go against my own wisdom as that cool looking dual exhaust does give my mighty busa that kick@$$ hot rod look...and as childish as it may be to admit?..I like that.
biggrin.gif

And, So do my three young daughters.
laugh.gif

I guess I should've clarified that..L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Hi Bill...got your phone message. The PC3USB works well when properly mapped by a competent tuner and it's less expensive. Conversely, The PC3R does allow timing changes as mentioned above. Depending on the tuner, that could be beneficial for throttle response and the power curve. I looked carefully at my BDE maps for internally stock engines and there are many timing changes in those maps. THAT is part of why they run so strong.
biggrin.gif
Good luck with whatever you decide to do for mods.
Warbaby...thanks man...so if I understand correctly?...if I get the PCIIIR (which has the ability to tweak in the programmable ignition timing maps) I can wring the most out of it via a competent Map/Tuner...and/or...it'll suit my needs down the road should I ever elect to attempt any future cam mods..where the PCIIIUSB won't...is that correct?

Thanks again & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back