Okay, since we are back...

i remember the old wild kingdom shows with marlin perkins, it was a good show. then steve irwin came along, he put more energy in what he belived in than any other person i had seen. my prayers go out to his family and friends.

(deldewey @ Sep. 07 2006,04:13) Your posts are tasteless and uncalled for. I think that the rest of the board members will agree. Do yourself a favor and remove those pics before you lose face with the rest of us..

Sorry, but it appears you are not ready for British /Australian humor yet  
rock.gif
[/Quote]
Mate... I lived in the UK for several years.... This is nothing like Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson, the newer breed like The full monty or trainspotting or even newer stuff like Ali G. I just think that the man should not be thought of with comedic intent so soon after his death. Have a drink on him but the laughs can wait. Let's not have a laugh yet no matter how dark your idea of humor is. No harm no foul.

While I agree that he was very passionate about animals (you pervs...) and brought significant excitement to the subject - Fundamental ideological conflicts between him and me cant bring me to appreciate his work.

It takes a brave man to do what he did...

I have seen images and videos of his family and my heart goes out to the little ones. I think they will grow with the knowledge that their dad was a hero of sorts who did what he really loved, really well right to the end.

(deldewey @ Sep. 07 2006,06:13) Your posts are tasteless and uncalled for. I think that the rest of the board members will agree. Do yourself a favor and remove those pics before you lose face with the rest of us..

Sorry, but it appears you are not ready for British /Australian humor yet
rock.gif
[/Quote]
Well, you're the one who was calling me a liar about owning a Busa and said I was lying about my age.

British/Australian humor has nothing to do with being a prick, does it?

I grew up watching Benny Hill and Paul Hogan so I've seen my share... they were just racey. Not disrespectul about a good man who just lost his life doing something that was worth doing. Everything he did helped to teach people... especially children.

Steve Irwin was a great man. I have seen very few people who have truly lived. He was one of them. Rest in peace Steve.

I know this is gonna tick some off but my .02 - Cant really be saddened about his death. Feel bad for his kids. If you are gonna play with fire, eventually your'e gonna get burned.

(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 07 2006,19:50) I know this is gonna tick some off but my .02 - Cant really be saddened about his death. Feel bad for his kids. If you are gonna play with fire, eventually your'e gonna get burned.
So according to your rationale, we can't be saddened by his death because he did something that most would consider dangerous?

I guess that means we cannot be saddened when a firefighter, cop, US Soldier, or even a Racecar Driver is killed in the line of "duty"... right? I guess we also cannot feel sad when someone is killed on a motorcycle according to your way of thinking... because it's dangerous.

Your statement is bogus!

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 07 2006,21:03)
(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 07 2006,19:50) I know this is gonna tick some off but my .02 - Cant really be saddened about his death.  Feel bad for his kids.  If you are gonna play with fire, eventually your'e gonna get burned.
So according to your rationale, we can't be saddened by his death because he did something that most would consider dangerous?

I guess that means we cannot be saddened when a firefighter, cop, US Soldier, or even a Racecar Driver is killed in the line of "duty"... right? I guess we also cannot feel sad when someone is killed on a motorcycle according to your way of thinking... because it's dangerous.

Your statement is bogus!
Didn't say that you couldnt be saddened. Said I wasn't. Is it sad when the above are killed in line of duty? Yeah. Because they are doing there job so you and I can live free (except race car driver). But they also volunteered to do those jobs knowing that they may die. Motorcycling isn't dangerous, cagers are. But, if and when I die on my bike - I hope it saddens no one, because thats how I wanna go.

BTW, if I said that the sky is blue, what would you say? Green.

Motorcycling isn't dangerous, cagers are?

Hmm... I think many people here would disagree with that statement for many reasons. Many here have gone down where a car had nothing to do with it. They are dangerous.

And, no... the sky is definitely blue.

If you say something I agree with, I'll say so. I don't dislike you or anyone here. I just think you need to re-think some of the things you said about people who do those dangerous jobs. The reason we honor them is because they volunteered! They have the balls to do the jobs that most people won't or can't do! That's why they're special people. Steve Irwin led a noble life teaching people about nature and rescuing/relocating animals... and also entertaining many of us with his unique personality.

It just sounds like you're saying because these people volunteered for dangerous duty/jobs that they had it coming eventually and that we shouldn't feel for them.

I happen to think that those that volunteer for any dangerous and noble job deserve more honor and respect than anyone... because they know the risks and STILL do it.

No, motorcycling isn't dangerous in my opinion. And I dont need to rethink what I posted above. U.S. Armed forces are a rare breed and get my upmost respect. Same with Firefighters. Ask MC MUSTANG, USMCBUSA, or any other of our board members in the armed forces if they knew that there was a possibility of death when they took the oath. And they still took the oath because they are willing to die for me to be free. I have thanked them in previous threads for doing this. If they die, God forbid, yes it will be sad but they signed up knowing that it could happen. I would do the same thing if I could. Tried to join the Marines, but couldn't pass the physical due to back problems.

Still not sad because Irwin died. Now lets quit jacking this thread. If you want to continue this debate then do it in a PM

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 07 2006,21:03)
(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 07 2006,19:50) I know this is gonna tick some off but my .02 - Cant really be saddened about his death.  Feel bad for his kids.  If you are gonna play with fire, eventually your'e gonna get burned.

Your statement is bogus!
Let me chime in here...

I see what BBK is saying... It WAS eventually going to happen to Steve. Shoot, I would've been surprised if he lived to be an Old man! Was I saddened by his death? Yes... 1 of my life long heros died... but, it was gonna happen. I'm more saddened for his family. It's sad when anyone dies, but Steve made more of an impact on the world than most. Steve will be missed, but I see where BBK wouldn't be sad over it.

I understand the points. I guess some of us have different opinions about things... and we won't change. I'm guilty, too! Anyway, I was sad to hear of Irwin's death...

(gsferrari @ Sep. 07 2006,08:00) While I agree that he was very passionate about animals (you pervs...) and brought significant excitement to the subject - Fundamental ideological conflicts between him and me cant bring me to appreciate his work.

It takes a brave man to do what he did...

I have seen images and videos of his family and my heart goes out to the little ones. I think they will grow with the knowledge that their dad was a hero of sorts who did what he really loved, really well right to the end.
hey hey you know what would be funny.....(sorry inside joke) god bless steve and his family..he will be sorely missed

A) I feel terrible for his wife, small children parents and freinds.
B) I am not saddened by his bizarre, untimely demise. Not in the least. This guy died living his dream! What could be more appropriate? This man left a legacy that will last a good long while! I read a story about how most Celeb deaths usually stir up the pond for a day or so and then fade but the news of this is still circulating. Love him or hate him this guy did great things in his industry and spawned a whole Genre of wildlife shows!

CRIKEY, did you see the size of them funbags on GMBUSAS Avatar. He will be missed!!!

Back