Okay org, I got brake questions.

lil charlie

Registered
I have been wanting to upgrade my brakes for a while now but it kind of got pushed to the back. Pashnits deal on the wave rotors got me wanting to do this mod again. Even though his price is good I just can’t swing that much right now. I do have some extra cash so I want to do the lines and pads. The lines are the easy part….GOLD PLEASE. I don’t know squat about pads and the different compounds. I see on Tims website GG Semi-Metallic and HH Sintered ceramic compounds. Are the semi-metallic basically stock pads? What about brand? He has Galfer and EBC listed. Lots of you guys run the EBC HH pads but complain about the noise, I don’t know how noisy they are but if they are loud it would drive me crazy. I have been hearing good things about the JE pads too but I didn’t see those listed on Tim’s site and I want to buy from him (got to suport our sponsers). Anyone got the Galfer pads? What do you guys think? Thanks for the help. FYI, I have the Gen II pumpkin.

Holly crap this place is busy even at night. Its only been an hour and this thread is on page too. So yes, Im bumping my own thread!

You can't double stamp a triple stamp! LLLLOOOOYYYYDDDD!!!

Hoping you get the Dumb and Dumber reference...:laugh:

^^ Nope, My wife would. I have not seen that move in years...guess I need to dig it out and watch it again.

I tried the EBC HH pads and the rear was noisy. Melissa at cyclebrake.com sent me a T-Shirt and set of Galfer HH pads. Noise gone. GixerHP hooked Mr.Bogus up with a different pad, and they were suppose to be awesome. I just don't remember what they were. cyclebrake sponsored here. I don't know if they still do.

I have sent Melissa and Tim emails asking for pricing. Either way I will get them from one of our sponsers. I have never had any dealings with Melissa but I sure she is great or she would not be on this site. I have ordered from Tim before so I know he would take care of me. We will see what they have and for hw much.

I havw EBC HH extreme pro pads on my 08 with ss lines and I love it. The pads have a very quiet whizzing noise, but it's only noticeable at very low speeds. I also think the sound of my stock brakes dragging every once in a while was aggravating, but the EBC don't bother me at all.
The lines and those pads make for much better braking, well worth it.

Back