okay, I really have to know

NotABusa

Registered
I've been bouncing back and forth between the zx-12r board, here, and suzukihayabusa.org boards to get the different perspecitives on the bikes. Granted, everyone likes their bike better, and I've read the different reviews about the two and the Busa always comes out on top. SO fine, stock vs. stock Busa wins. And it seems like it's a better ride. Now I'm hearing that once the stock exhaust comes off, zx-12 walks away big time...any truth in that? I know it's silly, and those posts get very childish really quick, but I'm curious. I've already got my heart set on a Busa, but I like these debates (when they don't get dumb) and am curious as to how many times a Busa (ridden by joe average on the street) has walked away from a Kawi...and I don't mean a Turbo Busa, or one packing lots of NOS, just your average repiped and maybe TRE'd busa.
TELL ME STORIES..>GIVE ME DATA!!!

joe average doesn't ride a Busa... He has a Kawa.
haha good quote...
laugh.gif
sly.gif

ok as for average joe i passed him up few blocks ago

BUT WHY BE AVERAGE
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

get what you like the best looks and feel of there is usualy always someone who is faster or better rider get what ya like ........and if it happens to the BUSA then congrats

the bike is for you not for everyone else ............ but it is just awsome all around

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

Oh, I totally agree. That's why I ride a old Air-cooled, carb'd, broken off fairing bike, cuz it makes ME happy. I love the looks on the Haya, but they are totally Love it or Hate it looks. I'm not looking at one cuz they're the fastest out there, I like the power, that's for sure, but I, as somebody here so eloquently put it, look like a monkey F*cking a football on anything smaller. I'll take one for a ride, and if I don't like it's handling, I may end up with something else, but for now, it's what I want.
I just like to know if what the ZX-12 guys say holds water.

I really don't know what they say and I really don't care. I say mine is better but I don't intend to proof it. I prefer the looks and confort of the Busa and there aren't as many Kawa dealers. The Kawa did not stand a chance with me, but for others... "to each his own" isn't this a saying?

I don't know about that exhaust quote, but realize there IS always someone with more of something:  mods, experience, whatever.  It's the same on ANY bike and they are all so close now - he mod's, then you mod, then he mods more, you mod more etc etc.
I think your part about "repiped and maybe TRE'd busa" removes it from the 'average' catagory already - depends on the pipe, the tune, etc

I have ridden and raced a ZX12. Honestly the 2 bikes are so close its not even comparable. Remember that from the factory the bikes can be plus or minus 7HP either bike either way. So say you get a plus 7 Kawi and a minus 7 Busa. Obviously it can be somewhat of a difference. Also no 2 pipes are the same. If you put a piece of crap Vance and Hines on your Busa and the next guy spends big bucks and gets a nice hindle or something..... Again not comparable. In my opinion the Busa had alittle more power lower in the RPM range but the Kawi made more power up higher. All of the roll ons and races we did (switching bikes and everything). They where very close side by side all of the way to about 150-160 then I think the Busa's aerodynamics played a small role in an edge. Other than that we couldnt beat each other stock or with exhausts (tried it both ways). If your looking for a definative answer you wont find it.

That was a great reply!!!
Thanks for the good info Race24X. I like the straight up answer.
drink.gif

I'd still like to hear more stories though...think I'll do a search and see what I can come up with.

It is an easy answer
if the 12 fits you by it
If the Busa fits you buy it

2nd.
If you want to mod ie. bigbore cams ect...
get the Busa, the 12 is maxed.
Both handle ride and are so close you would be splitting hairs to compare them.
if you work on them yourself get the Busa
the 12 is a horrible, a mechanics nightmare

like I said easy

ZX-12 is a good performing bike. I did not like the fit of the bike or the way it took twisties.

I have a bone stock busa and ride with buddies that have a newer R1 and a 2002 GSX1000R that are both modded with full exhaust and all kinds of goodies....  
There is no BIG difference in speed with these motorcycles let alone the closest to the busa (ZX-12).  But there is still a difference and the busa is proven to be the fastest, 1/4 mile and top speed production bike ever sold to the public.  In my opinion, the busa is the best all around motorcyle.  Its comfortable, smooth, POWERFUL, and the best (All Around) bike ever built.  The ZX-12 in my opinion seems and looks like its just a sport bike and nothing else. But like others have said, it all has to do with what you like and what you want.

here's my two cents...

I had the opportunity to buy the 12 or the Busa. Coming from the Kawi camp with a tricked out ZX7R, I really wanted to buy the 12R and keep my loyalty... Due to all the reports on the 12 not making the grade in some categories, plus its lack of total refinement, I reluctantly went with the Busa.

After I purchased the Busa and rode it for a short while, I became very aware of the quality of engineering that went into the bike.

The guy I purchased my Busa from bought a 2003 ZX12R and I have kept in contact with him after the sale. He is a little disappointed in his 12 because his qaurter runs have been consistently longer and he has already blown a clutch...

I am very pleased with the Busa and I have no regrets in my choices...In my opinion, Kawi has really struggled the last few years trying to come up with a bike that will compete or beat the Busa... I remember all the rave about the 12 when it was first advertised and I was also there when all the reports came back that it was falling short during the testings (before they were even sold...) I was a disappointed Kawi owner when I saw the reports and therefore had to swing over to the Busa...

Maurice

here's my pounds worth!
i've never acturly ridden a zx12r,but i did get the chance to when i first passed my test(but i turned it down)
mad.gif

but now i got my busa i can tell ya,the power that comes outa this beast is very f****** awsome
wink.gif
(noticed i didnt swear).
i surpose in the long run there isnt alot in busa and zx12r,but at the same time i wouldnt mind ago against 1 along the straite
jump9.gif

sunday was the first time the side of the tyre toutched the floor it was so hot over here,so i took my baby for a real ride out,we got to this hill(it's called fish hill)
in all my life i have been riding bike,i have never had a bike that felt so comfortable,SAFE,it it almost felt like the bike had it's own mind..lol
i got this %*%^$# down in the corner,and it didnt tweech at all,she knew where she was going.it felt like she was incharge of me.(not the other)
on my cbr600 in corners that tweeched abit,but my busa i've never known anything like this,and im sooo very happy with her.i got 11000 on the clock now,and i got my baby when there was 5000 on her,so just to let you know we are getting along just fine
kickass.gif
biggrin.gif

I have a bone stock busa and ride with buddies that have a newer R1 and a 2002 GSX1000R that are both modded with full exhaust and all kinds of goodies....  
There is no BIG difference in speed with these motorcycles let alone the closest to the busa (ZX-12).  But there is still a difference and the busa is proven to be the fastest, 1/4 mile and top speed production bike ever sold to the public.  In my opinion, the busa is the best all around motorcyle.  Its comfortable, smooth, POWERFUL, and the best (All Around) bike ever built.  The ZX-12 in my opinion seems and looks like its just a sport bike and nothing else. But like others have said, it all has to do with what you like and what you want.
I don't believe the Busa is the fastest in the 1/4 anymore...that crown now belongs to the GXR 1000. Busa still has top end though.

As for the difference between the two...0-top end it ALL depends on the rider. I've never ridden a 12R but I raced one a while back. We took off riding about 20mph...I took off first and I started messing around (under estimating the power) look at dude again and bam hes right next to me! So surprised he was that close I messed around a redlined and after that there was no catching him. He had an aftermarket exhaust and I had Yoshi RS3 slip ons. The moral of this story here is...One slip up from either person or it all over cuz there is no catching the other person.

Now as for the riding...I was told the 12R feels top heavy in the corners. This is coming from a 12R rider...I can't get my opinion on it cuz I've never ridden it.

As to whatever you choose you'll like it. But I think you'll like the Busa a tad better.

Back