Okay... brake upgrade

I have tried the EBC HH pads but didn’t like them because of too weak cold-bite. I've now been running Brembo SA pads for two years and this type is what I will continue to use. The brakes feels about as good now as on my previous GSX-R instead of the weak and woody stock brakes. I also use a Brembo pump to and SS-lines, but the big lift was the Brembo pads.

I'd like to give the Brembo pads a try. Any sponsors here willing to ship to Brunei for a Gen2?

I feel the SS lines are a must when looking at better brakes, so that is the first step. Frankly I don't know why a flagship bike like the Busa doesn't have them stock. Add a good set of street pads (like EBC HH's) and you have some pretty good brakes under most conditions.

The stock brakes actually aren't that bad on the Gen II's, their reall issue is lacking feel. I went to the Brembo 19 RCS radial master cylinder. This thing is a real game changer on the brakes. It's forged so the housing is stronger and you can adjust it for power or feel. This thing is no hype job, it's really magic and you will just snicker at the $350 price once you pull those brakes and feel nothing but two fingered, linear sweetness.

You really don't need to do more than that frankly. If you do a lot of track days you might want to look at different rotors to reduce heating of the braking system under extreme usage. But the rotor thing is mostly aesthetics IMHO. The radial MC ($350), pads ($50) and the SS lines ($125) will do the trick. BTW, the rear brakes are really not that important and I actually prefer them a bit mushy so they don't catch. You really don't even need the SS lines on the rear IMHO. Of course if you ride in bad weather conditions you might use the rear brake more than I typically do.

If Suzuki does put out something new in 2011 for the Busa it will be ashame if it doesn't get a radial MC stock.

I agree with him on the master being the thing that made the biggest difference in my braking system. The SS lines and HH pads did help, but the Brembo 19 RCS master cylinder really made my busa feel better and stronger at slowing down!

I UPGRADED LINES,PADS BUT ONLY HAVE SINGLE FNT ROTOR, I CHANGED TO DOT 5 FLUID. A LIL MESSY BUT WORTH IT, DONT HAVE THE ROTTED RUSTEY CRAP ANY MORE, AND ITS KEWL BLUE..:thumbsup:. WE SELL IT ALL SO I CAN PLAY WITH IT TO SEE WHAT MAKES DIFF. AND WHAT DONT.

unless you locked the front wheel.....i doubt the stock brakes were used to thier max potential.

you can always spend money, but the biggest improvment is usually in the rider....you can spend $1000 but unless you are comfortable at "emergency level braking" it won't matter.

So I almost got into an accident yesterday hitting a car in front of me... the brakes on these bike are not as good as I thought. I remember there being a thread about upgraded the lines to steel braided or something like that. Anyways tell me what to do fellas for better stopping power

I dont know what you are talking about. I was braking better than any of the bikes out there when i took an advanced sport bike course. And come to find out all i had was SS lines and stock pads

Id wait for the 2011 GSXRS to come out. Check and see if the brembo setups from the GSXRS will fit the Hayabusas forks.

Back