Okay...anybody wanna take a crack at...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
trying to explain to me why there are TWO 1157 type pigtail connectors coming out of BOTH of my clear alternatives led front turn signals?
rock.gif

He11 of a time to see two connectors come bouncing out of each directional housing...right in the middle of the install with my nose fairing sitting on a kitchen chair right beside my tore apart busa.
mad.gif

and i'm want'in to ride tonight!
mad.gif

mad.gif

Never seen that one before...did you hook one up to see how it lights up. Maybe you have a
choice of two different color bulbs
rock.gif
use one and tape up the other one.

Hey JINKSTER, I hear you can gain a few HP on the top if you remove the "bird catcher" screens from your faring....plus I think it looks cool.

Nothing to do with your pigtail prob but something you might want to consider now that you have it off.

(BA BUSA @ Apr. 07 2007,10:18) Never seen that one before...did you hook one up to see how it lights up. Maybe you have a
rock.gif
oh boy..anybody ever "seen this" before?...is one like a euro spec running lights option?...only thing i can figure outside of a blatant factory assy screw up.
mad.gif

(Jonny Hotnuts @ Apr. 07 2007,10:22) Hey JINKSTER, I hear you can gain a few HP on the top if you remove the "bird catcher" screens from your faring....plus I think it looks cool.

Nothing to do with your pigtail prob but something you might want to consider now that you have it off.
thanks for the hp tip but...gonna leave mine in...gotta have sumpt'in there to liquify then love bugs prior to high speed ingestion.
laugh.gif

Jink mine were the same way. i believe that one of the connectors does not fit in the factory wiring harness. i have not had any issues with mine, i have had them about 1 1/2 yrs now

(badassbusa03 @ Apr. 07 2007,10:39) Jink mine were the same way. i believe that one of the connectors does not fit in the factory wiring harness. i have not had any issues with mine, i have had them about 1 1/2 yrs now
you sir are correct...i was out in the garage with member Dakkine on my cell and he was on his wireless and said you just posted this just as i noticed that the rotating locking studs on one of the connectors are slightly off center..i guess the extra connectors are for some busa wired for euro spec running lights..those i'll just hafta tape up real good and stuff inside the housing.

Pushing out those flasher relay connector pins by the fuse box was a PITA as well..then again?..i hate wiring....but only cause i'm stupid at it.
laugh.gif

Things "should" go smoothly now though.
biggrin.gif

Thanks and, L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I believe they changed a few years back on the bikes so they include one for the older bikes and one for the newer ones.

Look at the pin placement on each. I believe the older busa's use a 1157. Pins at 180 degrees from each other.
Then I think the newer Busa's use a dif bulb, one with pins about 120 from each other.

That's a new look for the Clear Alternatives to me. I've been having my lenses for over 4 years now, and all that I had was simply the housing. Just plug in your already-existing connector and you're set. I actually just did the "Switchback" signal mod, and let me tell you somethin'... IT'S AWESOME!!! The signal lights are now running lights/signal lights at the same time. And the coolest part is that the bulb gives off the same exact light bluish color as my 6000K HID. And with the experienced help of a couple of members here, the connection was a snap.
super.gif

Actually just used the rear signal light connectors I had from when I installed my Mototeck undertail. The rear sockets fit perfectly into the front signal housing also.

(06BUSA @ Apr. 07 2007,14:10) Look at the pin placement on each. I believe the older busa's use a 1157. Pins at 180 degrees from each other.
Then I think the newer Busa's use a dif bulb, one with pins about 120 from each other.
That is correct.  The turn signal bulbs in my 2002 will not fit in my wife's turn signal for her 2005.

(JINKSTER @ Apr. 07 2007,16:27)
(BA BUSA @ Apr. 07 2007,10:18) Never seen that one before...did you hook one up to see how it lights up. Maybe you have a
rock.gif
oh boy..anybody ever "seen this" before?...is one like a euro spec running lights option?...only thing i can figure outside of a blatant factory assy screw up.
mad.gif
That was my first thought-euro spec, second thought go to their website for info if the parts didn't come with em.

The euro connector would plug to the brown and white connector that's not used and those lights would burn like the running lights. The other would be turn signal only. Just my guess.

Good Luck dude
rock.gif

rock.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Apr. 07 2007,14:44)
(06BUSA @ Apr. 07 2007,14:10) Look at the pin placement on each. I believe the older busa's use a 1157. Pins at 180 degrees from each other.
That is correct.  The turn signal bulbs in my 2002 will not fit in my wife's turn signal for her 2005.
Just remembered...they switched bulbs on the newer bikes because of the 4 way flashers
wink.gif

just installed mine and talked to CA one set is for the katana the other is the busa just push the extra one in the light socket and you should be fine

(Apex @ Apr. 07 2007,12:59) just installed mine and talked to CA one set is for the katana the other is the busa just push the extra one in the light socket and you should be fine
oh yeah?..well..whaddaya do when both plugs are for a katana?..check out this thread..

sorry..don't mean to sound pissy atcha..but i am just pure pissed..read the link..you'll understand...and btw...thanks for trying to help.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back