OK, Well Rev needed a new tool,

I just saw a commercial for Rev's new tool last night on TV...wouldn't have looked twice if I hadn't known all you Busa riding, tough guys hadn't brought it to light on this board...
tounge.gif

No...that's not a jab...
biggrin.gif

I'm seriously thinking about following in Rev's footsteps here...I already went the $1000 for a Rainbow route...not satisfied enough to do it again...

Rev,

I could have hooked you up the the ONLY HEPA certified, quietest, most powerful vacuum that really does it's job.   Check out Miele.com, go to the Vacuum section.  Don't say you weren't warned about buyer's remorse and your dyson.  Any bagless machine wears from the inside out, sand abraids plastic quickly, I can guarantee that within two years you replace that vacuum.  I have seen Miele vacuums 20 years old that still run like brand new.  Good luck with that.

J
Dude, I am not spending over $1200 on a vacuum cleaner!  Then paying for replacement filters at $55 each (For CERTIFIED HEPA), bags at $2.25 ea, etc.  

I'll invite you to have a look at dyson.  I ambled over to Miele, had a look... Interesting, but with most of the house in Hardwood and all of about 6-700 SQFT of carpet, I think I will be just fine.

Besides, The dyson never looses suction, never needs replacement bags or filters, and I bought it with a four year warranty.  So basically my $450 something outlay is all I am going to spend for clean floors for the next four years.
It may wear out in two years, but I'll go get another one for free. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the way this thing sucks and I'll be sure to keep my uh...REMORSE in check.  Remorse is what happens when you spend over $1200 on a freakin Vacuum cleaner...  I'll take my chances Bro...  Have you read any owners comments about this thing?  Check out Epinions... Folks are about as nuts about their dyson vacuums as we are about Busa's...  

Heh... Here we go.... Vacuum Wars on a Busa Board  
ices_rofl.gif
Dude,

Touchy about the vacs? Wow...... I'll shut up now.

I'll stick to whipping a$% on the streets. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Sorry.

J

Rev,

I could have hooked you up the the ONLY HEPA certified, quietest, most powerful vacuum that really does it's job.   Check out Miele.com, go to the Vacuum section.  Don't say you weren't warned about buyer's remorse and your dyson.  Any bagless machine wears from the inside out, sand abraids plastic quickly, I can guarantee that within two years you replace that vacuum.  I have seen Miele vacuums 20 years old that still run like brand new.  Good luck with that.

J
Dude, I am not spending over $1200 on a vacuum cleaner!  Then paying for replacement filters at $55 each (For CERTIFIED HEPA), bags at $2.25 ea, etc.  

I'll invite you to have a look at dyson.  I ambled over to Miele, had a look... Interesting, but with most of the house in Hardwood and all of about 6-700 SQFT of carpet, I think I will be just fine.

Besides, The dyson never looses suction, never needs replacement bags or filters, and I bought it with a four year warranty.  So basically my $450 something outlay is all I am going to spend for clean floors for the next four years.
It may wear out in two years, but I'll go get another one for free. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the way this thing sucks and I'll be sure to keep my uh...REMORSE in check.  Remorse is what happens when you spend over $1200 on a freakin Vacuum cleaner...  I'll take my chances Bro...  Have you read any owners comments about this thing?  Check out Epinions... Folks are about as nuts about their dyson vacuums as we are about Busa's...  

Heh... Here we go.... Vacuum Wars on a Busa Board  
ices_rofl.gif
Dude,

Touchy about the vacs?  Wow......    I'll shut up now.

I'll stick to whipping a$% on the streets.  Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.  Sorry.

J
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:crimson'>YEAH MAN BACK THE HELL OFF MY NEW VACUUM!!!!!</span></span>  Sheesh, picking on a mans vacuum cleaner...  There's got to be limits somewhere...  I mean you can mess with me, you can mess with my dog, and you can mess with my Mom...  But dude, leave my vacuum out of it...

Seriously though, didn't mean to be a bitch about it...

And who the hell told you about my feathers....  Man whatever RSD said it isn't true...  

Rev

It's ok Rev,

I understand. You are about your Dyson as I am about my Miele. I didn't however pay $1200. I paid wholesale cost, I got a deal. Just bustin' on ya dude. Relax. Have a beer. Vacuum if you must.

J

Yeah actually I do... I love rainbow's.. there awesome..

my whole family owns rainbows actually .. hehe..  the repair cost really isn't as bad as you think.. just gotta go to the right places..

for example

killed the motor in one sucking up dry wall dust during remodelling of house... take it to rainbow place... $600 to fix,, or you can trade it in for $500 off.. (yeah right! )

take it to independant vacuum repair person.. $200 for new motor, $225 if you wanna replace every seal, bearing, and ring type device in it.

my folks have had 1 since i was very young.. probably close to 20 years and it still sucks the life out of the carpet everytime somebody spills some crazy #### on it...

yeah I know they are outrageous to buy... but when you consider how long it will last.. it's not bad. ...

i'd rather dump the water as look aroudn for twenty minutes to buy the wrong bag, then go back and find the right one all the time.. water is pretty cheap, and it takes two seconds to dump the water in the flower bed ( i think the crap is actually good for them)

anyway.. haha, don't be bustin' on the rainbows man..
Rainbows kick AZZ!!!!

They might be pricy, but they last forever and are really low maintenance.

Re: OK, Well Rev needed a new tool, **Update Dyson Vacuum Still Sucking & New Dyson**

OH some of you OGs knew I would dust this gem off... :moon:

Besides, thought it would be a good time for an update...

Just got NEW Dyson DC-39 "Ball" thingy <----Link for upstairs, and (DrumRoll) The Dyson pictured on page one, is still alive and well, hasn't been sick or missed a day of work since new! SO THERE! STILL SUCKS, never has stopped and works just as well as it did day one... Sucks up everything, all the time, every time, only regular maintenance is washing the HEPA filter every couple of months.

The new one is all manly and pretty and as I am now a Full Time Kept Man... I mean Househusb... Well whatever the hell I am, the new Dyson made sense, it really Sucks great as well. Though it's the canister style this time so it doesn't suck as much as the upright, but there is still plenty of Suckage.

See Dyson is concerned about COG just as much as sport bike riders, builders are. Check out the link above, it's all about how Dyson created the new ball and canister vac with "handling" in mind so a lowered COG was critical to avoid toppling over. :whistle:

ANYHOO, New Dyson Rocks, old Dyson (9 Years old) same as it was when new.

New one is pretty too... Interestingly it was only about $40 dollars more than the last one in 2004... So new hotness is nimble, agile, easy to clean, gets into all the tight places the upright cannot, and makes doing the stairs easier.

IMPORTANT TIP THOUGH>>> When vacuuming stairs, be certain that the canister portion of the vacuum is at the BOTTOM of the Stairs. However, if you begin vacuuming with it at the TOP of the stairs no worries, about midway through the stair vacuuming the canister will correct this oversight all on its own. Sure it was noisy, and somewhat violent as well as a little painful, but soon enough the Dyson DC-39 Ball was at the bottom of the stairs where it is supposed to be. I however was still in the middle of the stairs about 8 stairs up from the bottom as the Dyson went past me in a bit of a hurry. Also, it exacted a little revenge on the way through, sumb!tch tried to kill me for my oversight. Happily I can report that the Dyson suffered no damage, and I have learned a valuable though somewhat obvious life lesson...

dc39a_01._V142179544_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a Dyson DC-14 Animal for 7 years now and although it's been dependable there are a few drawbacks.

1. The beater bar gets tangled with long items too easily. I have to clean it each time I use it. If you have pets with long hair this is a problem.

2. Of course it never loses suction because you have to empty the bin so often! My old Hoover wind tunnel would last a month and really pack the bag full before I needed to change it.

Otherwise it's been a good vac but I probably wouldn't buy another.

I've had my Dyson (animal version) for a LONG time; don't even know how long now...honestly, for as much as I use it (and note under my name there's a Dyson; it's there for a reason folks LOL), I cannot complain...

Small things have broken on it, and Omar had to replace the clutch (?) I think...but, this thing isn't even put away because I use it multiple times a day (OCD yay) and it's survived the hair of 2 Great Danes, 8 cats, kids, and Omar's hairy chest...

I'd buy another one...it's still running strong...

I just can't stand the "ordeal" of getting the hose and nozzle accessories out. Seems they could have re-thought that whole process. Also, the head gets clogged very easy with long dog hair.

But my wife and I have a tendency to kill vacuum cleaners, and this one has held up far better than the competition so far....

I've had my Dyson (animal version) for a LONG time; don't even know how long now...honestly, for as much as I use it (and note under my name there's a Dyson; it's there for a reason folks LOL), I cannot complain...

Small things have broken on it, and Omar had to replace the clutch (?) I think...but, this thing isn't even put away because I use it multiple times a day (OCD yay) and it's survived the hair of 2 Great Danes, 8 cats, kids, and Omar's hairy chest...

I'd buy another one...it's still running strong...

Still ridin' the clutch eh honey. :rofl:

Rubb.

Back