OK, Tampa Florida is Safely behind us.

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Just some shots from the trip up here and from my first day of house hunting. Tell you what folks, I am fuggin loving it... Sunny and clear since we got here, (Though I know that cannot last) and the people are awesome. Friendly, courteous, dayum, feel like I have been reborn almost. OH OH and remember how I was concerned about missing the fine women? NEVER MIND... I have seen more beautiful, healthy, attitude free, NO FUGGIN PLASTIC, Women here in two days than I think I would have seen in a few months in Florida... Just wonderful. And the best part is? They are Intelligent!!! You talk to them and you can tell that they have thoughts of something OTHER than getting a boob job or their next fuggin LV handbag
laugh.gif
!
thumbs-up.gif

OK OK You can tell I am excited... It's just refreshing to be somewhere else, the area is beautiful, all Mountains and Water, very dynamic, very clean...

So without further delay, here's some images... Starting in Florida...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107951540 -->

Flight_to_Denver_20504sml.jpg

All the Photos taken with my new little SD300... Most through the window of a plane so I am pretty damned happy with the results.
cool.gif
OK From here you really could see the old house. Which has allready sold BTW. There is a lot to be said for picking the right location and not living way the fug out in BFE. House went on the market Saturday, we had 5 offers that day, and a cash (No Contingency) contract on Sunday for $5k more than our asking price.
laugh.gif
Yeah we were both pretty excited about that, it's a good thing. I wasn't horribly concerned but you know, things happen. So it was a huge relief.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107952706 -->

Flight_to_Denver_20516sml.jpg

Now these photos are scaled down and processed quickly... Not in photoshop. So the quality may be lacking just a little bit, but you get the idea. The Canon SD300 really does whoop butt... I'm lovin it...

Here's some shots from Monday's flight from Colorado to Washington...

Heh, Curvature of the earth...

CO_WA_inflightsml.jpg

These little Volcano's are somewhere in the middle of Washington or Idaho... Interesting, I think you can see some old flows to the right of the cones...

Mid_WashVolcanossml.jpg

OK Here's approaching Seattle... this is the tripple threat shot. You have Mt. Adams on the left, Rainier in the middle, and St. Helens on the right...

St. Helens is just barely visible onthe right flank with a little puff of cloud hanging right on it...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108176250 -->

MtRanier_Helens_Hoodsml.jpg

Here's a nice one of Helens and Rainier. Helen's is on the Left hand side in this image, cause we were working our way around Rainier...

OK For clarity I probably should have placed this image ahead of the other Rainier images. It was takenmuch earlier and we were further South and East of Rainier. This is why St. Helens appears on the Left... Make sense. In this image, Hood is still Further left and out of frame.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107952356 -->

Rainer_Helens_sml.jpg

And a Money Shot of Mt. Rainier. Nice looking mountain.

MtRanier_b_sml.jpg

OK And some from our house hunting yesterday.

This is first thing in the morning, about 10 minutes East of where we are staying.

IMG_0416sml.jpg

This is just heading down a road in a little town called Sultan, East of Seattle. It might be too far east, but it's a nice looking Country kinda place... Not a Wal-mart to be had...

IMG_0419sml.jpg

This is a thought... It's on 3.8 acres, but those acres SLOPE!!! So it would be interesting. It's a new build, placed kinda close to the roadway, I dunno... Decent though...

Oh and PHEAR my Mighty Subaru BEEYOTCHES!!!! He he... Hey I am actually kind of liking that thing... It the company provided rental. Nice enough.

IMG_0424sml.jpg

And then we were here in Edmonds for lunch... This will take some getting used to... I got mountains and Water all before lunch... Cool
thumbs-up.gif

IMG_0431sml.jpg

awesome!!!!

sad.gif
 I wanna goooooo...sniff sniff...

But I don't like that house.. keep lookin..  
tounge.gif
 it just aint y'all... I'm thinkin A frame.

smile.gif

<!--EDIT|TheKatsMeow
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107953655 -->

Nice shots with the new camera Rev! And from the plane no less...
cool.gif

Glad you two made your way to the other side of town...you seem very happy about the move.
smile.gif

Nice Rev...no shots of Mt Baker though.......Its the only one I can see from my place, and is about an hour and change away from you.....look east
beerchug.gif

Nice house too...real nice!!

So far WA is great - I'm really digging it around here. Everyone is friendly and nice, the air is clean and doesn't smell like day old fish (also known as the bay at low tide), and the water is wonderful straight out of the tap! No more bottled water required! The mountains are amazingly picturesque, and the plant life is wonderful. The grocery store had a very large organic and natural foods section, and there's a lot of attention to healthy living. I plan on us both dropping a few ( Ok... more than a few) pounds in pretty short order, and trying to get a little healthier. If we can find the right property, we'll have built in hiking!
biggrin.gif

Back