OK Squidley Question of the day...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK The rear is about dead.  Got a replacement coming...
 So I thought I would go do what any mature, responsible, 30 something would do...Why BURN THE CRAP OUT OF THE TIRE OF COURSE!!!!

Just one problem...I have yet to do an actual burnout on the busa...Anything I need to know other than <span style='color:orangered'>Twist it and rip it?</span>

Here's where I am at... pick a location...McDonalds drive through, Police parking garage, etc.  Load the front end and grab a gobshit of front brake, rev it to  
rock.gif
?? and dump the clutch like you hate it...

Any recommendations?  Tips?  Should I bring some lighter fluid and win a darwin award?
rock.gif

rock.gif

No need to stress about a burnout. I did my first one at the local drag strip with a couple of hundred onlookers. No big deal, just hold the front brake tight and wind it up. Simple.

No need to stress about a burnout. I did my first one at the local drag strip with a couple of hundred onlookers. No big deal, just hold the front brake tight and wind it up. Simple.

The lighter fluid would be a nice touch though.

No need to stress about a burnout.  I did my first one at the local drag strip with a couple of hundred onlookers.  No big deal, just hold the front brake tight and wind it up.  Simple.

The lighter fluid would be a nice touch though.
Well I kinda figured there really couldn't be that much to know...

Now how about a MAD MAX? You know, rolling burnout? Any tips?

If you want to do a first time burnout and not end up tipping the bike over, DO NOT rev it to the moon!!!! As a matter of fact, your Busa has enough torque to simply bring the tach up to about 1500, drop the clutch and start from there. I like starting out with the tire slowly spinning and slowly increasing the speed. Be prepared for the bike to want to go one way or the other. Hold both sides of the bike with your legs so it wont spin sideways on you. You may want to make sure your front tire is good and warm otherwise you'll just push the front tire. I'd hold off on the rolling burnout, that and it'll destroy your clutch!!!!!

LOL burnouts

both feet on the ground. pick your but off the seat slightly, lean forward, grab the front brake. Rev it up (try different rpm's till you get where your comfortable) let the clutch out. It is not needed to dump the clutch, but let it out real quickly. Be ready for the front to push. It might until you get the hang of it. Put a little water under the back tire to help out if you want, it'll make it easier.

Rolling burnouts are not hard but def harder than standstills.
Roll 1st gear about 5 - 10 mph at most. Stand up lean way over the tank. Almost at the same time but in this order. apply front brake, to load the front tire, and unload the rear. Give it a LITTLE gas and let the clutch out at the same time. The whole idea here is not to roast the tire. You want the rear tire to be turning slowly, there motor should be trying to bog a little. If you just wack the gas it will slip out from under you. You want the tire to be trying to stick, it keeps it in control.

Hope that helps my man. Good luck and post pics.

Oh and get the standstills down before you mess with the rollers.

One more thing.

BE CAREFUL, I'd hate to hear about a scuffed up bike.

LOL  burnouts

both feet on the ground.  pick your but off the seat slightly, lean forward, grab the front brake.  Rev it up (try different rpm's till you get where your comfortable) let the clutch out.  It is not needed to dump the clutch, but let it out real quickly.  Be ready for the front to push.  It might until you get the hang of it.  Put a little water under the back tire to help out if you want, it'll make it easier.

Rolling burnouts are not hard but def harder than standstills.
Roll 1st gear about 5 - 10 mph at most.  Stand up lean way over the tank.  Almost at the same time but in this order.  apply front brake, to load the front tire, and unload the rear.  Give it a LITTLE gas and let the clutch out at the same time.  The whole idea here is not to roast the tire.  You want the rear tire to be turning slowly, there motor should be trying to bog a little.  If you just wack the gas it will slip out from under you.  You want the tire to be trying to stick, it keeps it in control.  

Hope that helps my man.  Good luck and post pics.

Oh and get the standstills down before you mess with the rollers.

One more thing.

BE CAREFUL, I'd hate to hear about a scuffed up bike.
OOW is right on the money.......bout the only thing I can add is when you roll out of yer burnout, make sure you don't just blip that throttle to the moon.......roll it on and off a bit, then before it starts to grab lay into it a little harder till you hook.
not quite as hard on the motor as just holding it at 10 plus and riding it out.
Be sure you have both feet down and away from the bike when you roll out.....the more support the better!!!!
You'll be surprised how easy it is Rev!!!

right on Rev....WE WANT VIDEO....or at least stills....

It'll smoke faster,an' be easier to control once ya pop her into 2nd....

WE WANT SMOKE , WE WANT SMOKE , WE WANT SMOKE

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT POSTIN' HERE AGAIN WITHOUT SOMETHING AWESOME....

I want MAIN STREET F-L-A  ...I want the local mall(INSIDE).

I want the parkin' lot of "Dunkin' Doughnuts" or where ever the local cops hang out . I want hot rubber on a parked police cruiser .   Dont let me down....

Don't worry....I'll get everyone to pitch-in for BAIL MONEY.

YOUR MISSION...should you choose to accept it :
BURN THE FUGGER TILL IT BLOWS.....

You can whip me , you can beat me , you can kill me...

Just dont bore me .    
firedevil.gif
ing rubber.

right on Rev....WE WANT VIDEO....or at least stills....

It'll smoke faster,an' be easier to control once ya pop her into 2nd....

WE WANT SMOKE , WE WANT SMOKE , WE WANT SMOKE

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT POSTIN' HERE AGAIN WITHOUT SOMETHING AWESOME....

I want MAIN STREET F-L-A  ...I want the local mall(INSIDE).

I want the parkin' lot of "Dunkin' Doughnuts" or where ever the local cops hang out . I want hot rubber on a parked police cruiser .   Dont let me down....

Don't worry....I'll get everyone to pitch-in for BAIL MONEY.

YOUR MISSION...should you choose to accept it :
BURN THE FUGGER TILL IT BLOWS.....

You can whip me , you can beat me , you can kill me...

Just dont bore me .      
firedevil.gif
ing rubber.
Sorry to dissapoint you Rubberside. But this dude is going to be hiding his burnouts until I get it down. I might be able to team up with MikeyUSF, he goes through rubber pretty quick. Maybe we can get a two-for-one deal going...

As for burning it till it blows, no chance, I love Lilah a little to much for that, I have heard that cords can do some pretty decent damage. Besides, I gotta be able to ride the thing to the shop...

Ya'll need to remember that the last liter bike I rode was a Blackbird...burnouts were never really an option and I know this thing is going to be better at them than my old canned tuna. I'll see about getting some picks of a good smokey one though...COP car Huh? You never know!!!

Thanks for the tips gentleman...

U know I'm just messin' with Rev , dont do anything to hurt yer ride , just isn't worth it .
Have a good day,be good to Lilah .

I've only done first gear burnouts, but I heard that starting in second is a lot better for effect and all. Just make sure that no matter what gear, you don't dump the clutch before making sure the front tire is tight (i.e. ease clutch out at lower RPM and bind tire up with forward motion of bike). I have heard of guys looping, because the bike lurched a hair and threw the frontend straight up and over!

BTW - I learned them by doing 'em on wet pavement.

Finally, dealers look at the underside of your rear fender to see if there is old molten rubber, etc. This is a sure sign that you rode bike hard.

-V.

if you are having trouble getting the tire to spin make sure the front tire is locked in and put the back of you calves up to the foot pegs and push back/up at once to help get the weight off the tail.

Back