Ok so how the heck is he doing this ?

Show him your Ninja skills and go shut off port 3389 on your computer and see if he can still get in...

Show him your Ninja skills and go shut off port 3389 on your computer and see if he can still get in...

:thumbsup: Terminal Services/Remote Desktop TCP/UDP port :thumbsup:

Plenty of apps to remote in, but remote desktop is native in windows and can be accessed very easily. Especially if you are on the same network and the above port is open.

I'm certainly not the computer genius (that somehow Tufbusa thinks I am); however, even a basic level of security would I think prevent this. This is why you NEVER have a machine hooked to the internet or a network WITHOUT a password. Even a basic one that everyone knew would probably prevent a rdp connection. And a good firewall on them ALL.

I use a VNC product to work on some of our machines (I ALLOW them to connnect to ME which then I can have control), but I still have all the control).

You need to go find your boss and tell him (or get the app and show him yourself) so he'll up the security a little bit.

Sometimes you are trying to find the right balance between security and access. I have a shared machine that people use (to actually learn how to use Windows and the Internet); this machine has a very basic password that they share, but it's also firewalled, in user mode and there is no privy information maintained on it - and I watch it like a hawk)...

At a minimum, in winxp, go into system properties and uncheck under "remote desktop", "Allow users to remotely connect to this computer" - turns off RDP.

What your friend is doing is ILLEGAL and he could go to jail for it, no matter how easy your employer made it for him....

your friend is so gonna get introuble if they find out he is doing that...hope he is not reading your email

How what and where ?
Splain Dat pliss ?

If you dont have a separate firewall app on your PC you can use Windows Firewall to block remote assistance and/or Remote control.

Or simply go to System Properties/remote tab. Uncheck remote assistance and check the Don't allow connections to this computer.

your friend is so gonna get introuble if they find out he is doing that...hope he is not reading your email

Good point, next thing you know people will start receiving emails that were not actually sent from that person~!~

I'm working on a similar application on my Iphone. This one hacks the ECU on your Busa, so when we race, everytime you get too close behind me, your secondary butterflies start closing automatically. :laugh:

If you did that to me, I"d take my ballpeen app to your ECM:moon:

This is kinda scary what people can do nowadays. And everyone thinks its so funny. Its funny til your the one being hacked on. :whistle:

Doing what your employer friend is doing is like you leaving Blanca outside in the street at night, with the keys in the ignition and a big neon sign on it that says "Ride Me"..

i HAD A SIMILAR APP ON MY DROID ...IT USES THE PHONES INTERNET CONNECTION ALL HE NEEDS IS a little info and he is in like flinn as long as the computers are connected to internet .....also mine had a option to put a app on the pc to make it easier to find the connection i wanted ....it is fun i must say ...while having fun in arkansas last year my friend watched my house while i was gone for a week he would get on the pc and i could see him on my web cam i took over the mouse and he freaked out i started typing errors and warning messages stating you have entered wrong code computer will be erased unless correct code is entered in 10 minutes he was scared :rofl: calling me up then i told him :laugh: good way to watch your house though.

Doing what your employer friend is doing is like you leaving Blanca outside in the street at night, with the keys in the ignition and a big neon sign on it that says "Ride Me"..

That's right, but seems their IT department is a bit lacking. You won't get into our systems, no matter how good you are. Everything is done from WHQ, across the nation and internationally. Even phone lines are switched from WHQ. To do a software update, we send an email to WHQ, get a reply to re-boot and the rest happens automatically.

I have an RDP program that allows me to remote into any server... in which i have the password...obviously. its not hard. If your guy has an admin logon and the IT dept has enabled RDP (we do because its faster to fix stuff) then he can get in. I use it in conjuction with a VPN connection that allows me to stream movies from my server at home over 3G.

I have the fullproof way to keep people out of my computer, it's called the off switch :thumbsup:

I'm working on a similar application on my Iphone. This one hacks the ECU on your Busa, so when we race, everytime you get too close behind me, your secondary butterflies start closing automatically. :laugh:

Ducati Factory Team used it last year to shut down Checa. :rofl:

Take his phone and throw it in the gator pond followed by a "Where's your fancy app now? Huh, Where is it?":rofl:

Back