Ok question about block offs

JGoodson

Registered
So lukily/unlukily i work on aircraft for right now in the military and i was going to have my airframes shope fab up some pair valve block off plates. I looked at a few online and there fairly thick so just curious if anyone has the measurments on these things and if they need how thick the block offs need to be...also what size the holes for the bolts should be? Also anyone try gasket maker or RTV instead of a paper gasket that would come with a kit??

Just tap the port for a 1/4-20 bolt and you will be fine. Apply some sealer to the threads though.

I used self tapping screws for mine. Couldnt see spending money on a part no one is going to see. Works the same.

probably alot to ask but you wouldnt happen to have pics would you? i havnt actually looked at it well so did you just get a screw to fill in the hole?

Tap them in!

stuff 013 (Small).jpg

yeah thanks for the pic what sealer did you use turbobusa? is there just going to be a hole there or will there be threads? Sorry bout all the questions i just wanna make sure i get everything down before i tear into it so i can have the bike running all in the same day

Yes those are identical to the ones I used from what I can see in the pic. I used no sealant.

After removing the pair valve system you'll see that the hole we block is not threaded. If you use a properly sized self tapping screw/bolt you shouldn't have to use any sealant. The steel screw should cut into the aluminum head and prevent any leaking issues. If you still worried about leaking I would personally use Permatex high temp gasket maker. It resists pressure very well and has a moderate temperature resistance. 650 F Hears a pic.

DisplayImage.jpg

Back