ok once again its gettin asked

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Ok here goes. It seems I had heard previously, from more guys on the PRO side that say it won't harm the motor to run open mid-pipes or baffled open pipe. I am gonna be packin up my Full Hindle Race Stepped pretty soon for shipping so I was thinkin of just goin with the open mids for awhile.

Let any and all comments, evidence, backup, what have you fly in here cause all will be evaluated

I rode around for a day like that...Surprised me that it wasnt anymore racket than most Harleys...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
5 hp loss with no mids vs with slipons on it,have dyno sheets here.Back to back testing.

thrasher, did remove the silver mid pipes also or did you leave those on, also did you have it retuned? if so how was the before/after the tune?

I just fired it up when i took off the muffs and it sounded insanely SEXY like WHOA lol. Guess this solves my dilemna for the time being, now only question is whether or not to slash cut stock mids or get polished baffled pipes

will it harm it if i run it back to my place bout 3miles from where i'm fixin it up, back to my place without bein retuned with a pcIII ?

(redkat05 @ Oct. 27 2006,09:37) will it harm it if i run it back to my place bout 3miles from where i'm fixin it up, back to my place without bein retuned with a pcIII ?
Without the mufflers?
If so, then no it will not hurt it.

I've heard the debate before.

"you need backpressure or you'll burn your valves up.."

"Backpressure is a myth..."

I'm not going to say which I think is right....all I'm going to say is that I would figure the headers will give you all the backpressure you need.

You can disconnect everything behind the headers without a problem......

At least this rings true for cars... Backpressure is required for maximum performance at low speed/rpm launching, then at upper speeds increased flow is best.

This along with stealth, was the reson cut-outs were created.

Disconnecting muffler should not ruin anything, just may decrease perfomance (generally low-end).

(masada_1 @ Oct. 30 2006,10:59) At least this rings true for cars... Backpressure is required for maximum performance at low speed/rpm launching, then at upper speeds increased flow is best.

This along with stealth, was the reson cut-outs were created.

Disconnecting muffler should not ruin anything, just may decrease perfomance (generally low-end).
+1 ........I run mine with "gutted" cans / basicly no muffler and the only difference I've noticed is it's a little sluggish on the low end power .
wink.gif

Back