Ok.....ok.....YES I screwed up!!!!

Spitz

Donating Member
Registered
Ok......so I took off my rear tail in order to put the new crystal LED taillight in, looks AWESOME by the way, and I forgot to hook the hump release back up. Well.......after putting everything, mostly everything back together, I went to take off the back seat and.....OH CRAP!!!! To make a long story short, I had to cut into the seat in order to gain access to the release lever.

MY question is, does ANYONE have a passenger seat they can sell or give? I have a set of front blinkers & stock cans. I will be posting this up in the pay it forward thread too.

Also, does anyone know if the earlier year models fit the '08's?

Thanks in advance!!!!

-Mark

You should have posted up before you cut the seat :rulez:

There are ways of getting to the release with out any damage to the bike :(

Hey, bro...sorry for your dilemma.

The pillion seats are not interchangeable. :(

Good luck, though~

Take off the front seat, unclip the centre section infront of the rear seat and you can slide your hand under the rear seat to "ping" the rear seat off. No damage, 5 mins work tops???

With all the knowledge on this board.......and you cut the seat.

Oh~well, whats done is done, next time post up and we can help.

DD

$40 delivered via paypal. I'm selling a bunch of stuff on ebay right now that I don't need because I only race the bike. PM me.

lol did it too a couple months ago....what i did was use the tank prop up thingy and
slid it thru where the mechanism is and popped it open....i was sooooo happy i didnt
mess anything up...but like everyone says live and learn

You should have posted up before you cut the seat :rulez:

There are ways of getting to the release with out any damage to the bike :(

+1 The search is a powerful tool on the org, easier and cheaper to learn from someone else's mistake. :easy:

Back