Ok more astronomical information

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Yea I know, I have way too much free time on my hands and so I go off on these little tangents collecting what I can find, here is one of those little things that never ceases to amaze me

I think a lot of us have heard the estimate that here are more stars than grains of sand on the earth..

SO ... I started to research this number a bit, my gut feeling was right, that number is completely off base according to astronomers in Australia, Europe and the US....

And now for the real story.......

The real number is 10X's higher.... bout fell out of my chair.... (on a side bar, the number of "earth" like planets in just the milky way (just 1 galaxy, ours) is estimated to be 60 billion...

(reference image below)
This is a deep field shot from the Hubble.. it took something like 10 days to record and if viewed from earth, the area is roughly the area of a head of a pin at arms length... (Boy I love this stuff!)

Note that these are not stars, they are complete Galaxies...

Download the unmodified 3000X2400 image

wow.jpg

I just love that stuff too, it sure puts our petty squabbles on earth into perspective!

sure we are alone out here.... couldn't possibly be another living thing out there... (certainly not with our intelligence)
rock.gif
laugh.gif

sure we are alone out here.... couldn't possibly be another living thing out there... (certainly not with our intelligence)
rock.gif
laugh.gif
And they look like us 'cause,
if they are intelligent they have souls,
if they have souls they are born in sin,
if they are born in sin they have a saviour,
Their savior must be one of them,
there is only one saviour and that's Jesus,
Jesus looks like us 'cause we are created in Gods image,
therefore all the aliens must look like Jesus (or at least human).

cheers
ken

I dated an alien once that looked like a goddess. Billions upon Billions

So which do you believe?

" Yes aliens do exist. How selfish are we to think that we are the only intelligent beings in the universe? if the other planets were not designed to hold other forms of life, what were they formed for? Do not think that just because we don't know things, don't believe they do not exist.

or

" When we consider the vastness of the universe, let us meditate upon the glory of God, not on dreaming up fantasies of alien beings."

Allowing EVERYONE their beliefs, I'm sorry, I just see the whole religious thing as fairy tales....but that's just me. Everybody gets to believe exactly what they want. Gee, I hope I don't burn in hell. Raydog

Space is amazing. Is there a end to it? And those plants like Earth, wonder if they got Busa's or something faster.

The vastness begs one to wonder how.....

Organized religion and I do not get along.. (any belief that leads to killing can not possibly be for real and they all did)

Is there right and wrong .. I think yes..

Do we get judged for it in the end? perhaps but I do not think anyone person has the rule book (see below), it is ingrained in your head.. you know "good from bad" inside somewhere.. Judgment could very well be done by yourself in the end...

are the standards the same for everyone? probably not... and is likely why we are such a violent people

The big question, is their a God? I think everything had to start somewhere.. if a single entity designed all this, yes he is a god in my eyes.... did he take the time to print a book and send it down to us outlining good and bad? nope... I think he would have had the insight to embed it in our souls...

Do unto others..... enjoy the view and try to keep things in perspective..

Anyway, I love the fact that no matter how big life seems to get, a simple look at any of these deep field images reminds me that we truly are just here for the smallest of bits of time..

sure is a cool picture huh?
smile.gif

its amazing for sure there are also vast areas of space where its completly void of any material at all, that is if one were to be able to look at all of the galaxies as a group from even greater distance, they apear as a spiral formation much like the countless galaxies that form it and its moving as a mass together thru space

Allowing EVERYONE their beliefs, I'm sorry, I just see the whole religious thing as fairy tales....but that's just me. Everybody gets to believe exactly what they want. Gee, I hope I don't burn in hell.      Raydog
Don't worry 'bout hell, I'm gonna bring lotsa ice cold beer and steaks!

cheers
ken

its amazing for sure there are also vast areas of space where its completly void of any material at all, that is if one were to be able to look at all of the galaxies as a group from even greater distance, they apear as a spiral formation much like the countless galaxies that form it and its moving as a mass together thru space
OMG Rob, all the times we sat on the Coast and had a hot dog and coke, you've never gotten philosophical on me! Keep up the good work. Yes my friend, we are but specks in the Cosmos, having said that, we have consciousness and that's what is so damn amazing! Doyle

And you Ken, I wish you lived closer, I like what you say and your bike is modified in the same style as mine! Our canyons/mountains are incredible and the Nor Cal Busa guys are great people to share them with. Doyle

I can't leave it like that....Mr. Bogus, great post, thanks for helping us all look and think about the macro (or is it micro?) Fun to ponder and see homosapien in context!
Doyle

and to think that even if we put that into scientific notation, the number is still astronomically small compared to what we can intellectually fathom.

Just think, somewhere out there, there is an advanced race of beings riding advanced Busas.

Awesome! I love crap like this. Utterly fascinating.

I'm with you on the organized religion thingy. Lost the first ~32 years of my life to a freaky cult and have no further interest in religion. My new faith is about being on the back of the Busa riding through a mountain road and taking in all the scenery. That's what a true church is all about!

Helping family and friends whenever possible, eating a great steak and having a great bottle of suds or a good bottle of wine. Watching a beautiful girl walk by and hearing your favorite song and catching a faint scent of a lovely flower. That's what life is all about.

--Wag--

Back