OK mini meet pre ride in the morning.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Meeting Demmym at the Wal-Mart in Wagoner at 0800. Anyone else want to go, call or text me at 918-381-4554. Will be an all day ride, heading south to McAlester and from there we will be taking Krebs to Talihina, over to Mena, and then back. I want to get an idea of how long the ride will be, places to eat, and be able to plan our meal times here at the house. And yes, I am anal, sorry bout that! :beerchug:

Best I can tell, we should make Mena by 1:00 or 1:30. I still have your number Greg unless it has changed.

no fair I wanna go I wanna go... ok wait I don't think I'm gonna make it.. Ya'll have a great time, great ride, great eats.. Take pictures and show'em up.. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cheerleader:

Back in Talahina now, ate lunch in Mena, heading back to the house shortly. We have logged about 350 so far!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok guys, here are the ride pics and review. I just want you all to know what to expect! I met Michael in Wagoner this morning and we rode south on 69 to McAlester, I hate that road, but it went quickly, Note to self: No coffee for James on the mornings of any ride!

First pic of the morning waiting on Micheal. The second pic is at the ONLY gas station in Talahina. We need to be sure and stop and top off here before we head over the mountain! Dont ask me how I know! :laugh:

Talahina 001.jpg

Talahina 002.jpg

The first pic is the Lodge, very nice place. The others are pics taken from the overlooks. It was very cool on top and there was a noticeable difference from lower elevations.

Talahina 003.jpg

Talahina 004.jpg

Talahina 005.jpg

Talahina 006.jpg

Take a look at the second pic, we caught what appeared to be a tornado off in the distance.

Talahina 007.jpg

Talahina 008.jpg

Talahina 006.jpg

Talahina 010.jpg

Last one. Ok, heres the deal. Its going to be a full day run. I met Michael at 0800 and got home around 6:30. We stopped for lunch, 30 minutes in Mena, and stopped few times to rest. We logged right at 500 miles today. :laugh: Whew! Anyway, I may show you guys another route for the ride home. Going down there wont be so bad because we will be fresh and eager to go, but coming home, I hate the interstate, its boring. We can talk Friday night and iron out the details, but I have a good idea of things now. Cant wait for you guys to get here! :cheerleader:

Talahina 016.jpg

Thanks for the pics, looks like its going to be fun. :thumbsup:

Nice pics, James. That sure does look like a twister...

0800 ?! Dayum - You're gonna get me up early on a weekend? LOL I've got the kids used to not disturbing me before 1000 LOL

OK - I guess I can drag myself out of bed :laugh:

Back