Ok little help here

ditchdr

Registered
I got a 12x8 enclosed trailer to haul the lawn stuff in on the way. I plan out out fitting it with a small air compressor, a roof mount a/c, and some lights on the inside as well as 4 out lets to run power tools if needed.

Would like to know what size genny I would need for this

A/C 14.6 amps 110v
Air compressor 15 amps 120 volts
2 shop lights 28 watts each on 110 volts.

I also want to be able to run a grinder or elec impact gun while the a/c or air compressor is running. There will be a small work bench built into the first 2 feet fo the trailer that will have a gcfi outlet on each end, as well as 2 water tight gcfi outlets on the out side.

Pretty much be able ot use it as a mobile work shop for the mower or what ever else might break while doing lawn work.

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
A/C 110V x 14.6A = 1606 Watts
Air Compressor 120V x 15A = 1800 Watts
2 lights 28 Watts

Have fun...

You may want to reconsider running one of the larger components at a time. Like when you need the Air Compressor you turn off the A/C. If you have an air compressor, why not run pneumatic tools as well...

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
Don't forget you have starting currents you will have to be able to handle, usually about 6x run current.

But what do I know...

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
we ran a 5kv unit and it was just enough to pull a roof air unit full time... would not turn the A/C and a compressor.. (coleman air unit?)

when we went to a 12.5 (not at all practical for you) life was grand...

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carp Killer