Ok lets talk exhausts, and power comanders....

Bruno44052

Registered
I'm thinking a Yosh TRS full system... I like the look of both stainless, and the carbon version..
Heres where I'm torn,,, How much weight difference is their between the two, and i'm sure power output on both are exactly the same.. So is the carbon worth the extra $100??? Also, is there any difference in performance and weight between the TRS and the RS3??

I've read the Brocks makes the best power, but in my humble opinion (not to ruffle anyones feathers) I'm not a fan of the looks and sound.

And next, Power Comanders...

The tuner I use, mostly on cars, but he does do bikes and I trust him 100% with his tuning. He said for tuning bikes he uses Power comanders, and SE race tuners for Harleys,,, but anyway... He said he normally uses PC3's but would use a PC5 if I wanted, he just hasn't used it yet..
Is there a benifit to the PC5 over the PC3???

Bike is an 06..

Lets discuss???

I know this subject has been discussed alot, but want some real world opinions before I spend the money..

I've been searching, but having a hard time finding real gains.

What i'm mostly looking for is, what was the real improvemnt in ET/MPH changing the exhaust & tune.. Or if you want, dyno results.. Not intrested in Peak numbers, I'd like to know gains..
From working with cars for years, i've found dyno's are great tuning tools, great for finding out gains... But the dyno is only as accurate as the guy operating it.. Calibratrions , and correction factors can make any vehicle look impressive.... (Like 1000 WHP Supra's the run hig 11's Low 12's...)

Oh yeah forgot one..
Lifted the tank on my bike, and the air filter is looking pretty shabby.

Whats the best replacement???

Carbon fiber is purely for looks, so you have to decide. PCV has more upgrades and is smaller, but if you just want a good usable map it will work fine. I use K&N but there are many goodchoices. Just an exhaust and tune is not going to make you a track monster. Gains are in the 5-10 hp range and maybe 3-5 ft/lbs torque. It will save about 25-30 lbs in weight over stock though. Best gain is throttle response and sound.

My best pass thus far is a 10.13 @ 138...
I figure an exhaust, air filter, and Power comander(with tune) will get me to that 9 second pass!!
Well hopefully anyway!!!

DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF BROCKS!?!?!?!?!?!? :banghead: :poke: Lol J/K.. to each his own right...

As far as PCV and PC3 goes, the PCV has more options and is newer. I could see the PC3 going out of production in the next year or two, if it takes that long.

Why not scratch the idea of a power commander and use ecu editor???? Better for everything. If your guy can use a pc3 he can use ecu edit. It's almost dummy proof. The exhaust is totally up to you, no difference in the carbon fiber (just looks). I don't like the Brocks either. Yes they make the power, but sound is ridiculously annoying! I run a yoshi myself. As for air filter, I would run a bmc, just my .02.

Yeah I think exhaust is more personal preference... Any idea the wieghts on yosh exhausts?? Carbon to Stainless I mean...
I was thinking BMC filter as well...
Thanks for the advice on the ECU Editor.. I'll definately ask my tuner about that..

You'll get more gains from lowering and practice then you will full exhaust in the 1/4-mile. I wouldn't buy a Yosh but it's your bike so do what you want... :beerchug:

Why no Yosh?? Just out of curiousity..

I was also contemplating the Muzzy, or HMF...

Thats why were discussing folks..
I like hearing opinions...

Wish we had some real world numbers of gains.. Either it be on a dyno,,, but would prefer track numbers...

Sorry, just how my brain works, sort of a statistician...

Until you get consistent in your passes, you won't be able to put a time difference on the exhaust. Yes it will help, and more importantly the 30lbs you are about to knock off the bike is good for a .1 in the 1/4 anyway. MY personal opinion is get the exhaust you want, most of us are not looking for that last 2 hp from an exhaust pipe anyway. :beerchug:

I was at a bike race yesterday with 7 out of 10 being hayabusas running any where from 6.70's to 5.10s in the 1/8 not a single busa had a Yoshimura exhaust.
All the big bad busas were running Brocks with an ECU editor custom maps.
Akrapovic puts down big hp gains right with Brocks and tbe qaulity is MUCH better IMO.

The HMF is a badass exhaust... makes great power and it quiet. The muzzy M10 is also a killer setup.. just alittle louder. Brocks is way over priced and doesnt make anymore power then the muzzy or hmf. Akrapovic and Brock are lighter by a pound or two but not enough to offset the money.

The only filter I have seen actually make power over a stock,k&n,pipercross and BMC regular filter which all make the same is a BMC RACE filter.

Do not use any canned or mail order tune!!! Get a pc5 and have someone tune it. If you live near brock then definitely get it tuned from him.. if you are in a state like texas then have someone from texas tune it.. weather here is different then up north. We saw that on a few bikes that had canned tunes.... AFR was way off...

You should be able to make 167-170whp with those bolt-ons

Well Just talked with Brock's.. Might just order a package from them..
He said I can get an Alienhead with the Longer muffler... Claims it's a little quieter.
Plus with a package can get the Power comander with a proper tune all together..
Might be simpler, and do wanna make good power..
Only need a couple tenths to get my 9 second pass..
So this may do it..

Brocks Gen-1 Powercommander tunes worked fine for me. Flat afr on the dyno. I run an ECU map from a different bike, different exhaust on my Gen-2 and while it isn't perfect I have no problems going 8's on a stock motor. I've tweaked it a bit using my datalogger and never really picked up anything and am currently running the map just as I received it.

Its all personally preference... I have seen canned tunes on the dyno with lean AFR. Quite a few actually... Better safe then sorry. Just must .02

I was at a bike race yesterday with 7 out of 10 being hayabusas running any where from 6.70's to 5.10s in the 1/8 not a single busa had a Yoshimura exhaust.
All the big bad busas were running Brocks with an ECU editor custom maps.
Akrapovic puts down big hp gains right with Brocks and tbe qaulity is MUCH better IMO.

Hey now, I have a Yoshi! ???

Back