OK, I'm gonna give it a shot.

mikey28804

Registered
Well after a bunch of searching, I couldn't find a trunk mod write up on the Gen 1 bike. When I got my bike the tail was cut and I want to have the option for gloves, insurance documents blah blah. I took the tail section off tonight and measured what I needed. Then trucked up to my local Walley World and bought me a trash can and some fastners to do it. Looks like it might not be that bad but I've said that before.:please:

I will try to take some pics of my job. Unless I screw it up......We shall see .....Wish Me luck!!:thumbsup:

Post up some pics when you get it done!

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

It's done same other than the box not being able to be as deep.
Worst case you kill a few trashcans.
You'll be fine.
Take measurements and pics of what you do since the gen1 hasn't been done yet!
I'm sure alot of folks would appreciate it to do their gen1s by.:thumbsup:

Well They did not have an exact fit can so I had to do ALOT of trimming so its not the prettiest thing but it does exactly what I wanted. I may do it over and make it pretty

trunk2_zps6c30b6d8.jpg

trunk_zps0bd531c2.jpg

There's a trunk mod for the Gen II, the trunk is so small it was born out of necessity. The Gen I has a decent trunk. Of course the Gen II comes with the hump mod from the factory :whistle:

Looks pretty decent. Was the tail cut off to accommodate an undertail? It's hard to tell from the pictures how deep it is.

it was cut because the bike was slammed.....I raised it back up and wanted a trunk.....its about 3.5 inches deep, I actually could have went deeper but its ok....better than what I had for sure!

Back