OK, I screwed up and now need help.

Bear2123

Registered
A mear 8 days ago we (my Grandson & I) purchased a '05, 1300R. Yesterday I dumped it. Yes, my fault. Totally, 100%. Loose trash at the side of the street and I leaned too far into it and low sided it. Only at about 15 MPH and it scooted off the asphalt onto a grass island. However, I screwed up the bodywork. No hard damage to most anything.Ony went about 4-5 feet before hitting the grass. The left side is ground down to the glassfibres and the fairing is scraped and the bolt hole to hold the wind screen is broken off. So, that all being said... Where are the best places to start looking for a body kit? I checked out eBay and al they have are Chinese kits. Look OK, but I wonder about the fit and quality. (What is/was on it may be chinese. We don't know.) Advice anyone? Just looking for reasonable sources. Thanks in advance..

Have already pulled the body work to confirm that all was/is OK. And now I'll have to go learn how to post PICs! Aargh!

You can go stock or aftermarket. Stock new will cost a pretty penny. (Honda East Toledo for this, tell him you are a member of Org) But it will be just like new...stickers and everything.
Used.... hit up Golden Child he may have some used ones for you?

or you can take all your plastics and get a painter to make it your own.

You can go stock or aftermarket. Stock new will cost a pretty penny. (Honda East Toledo for this, tell him you are a member of Org) But it will be just like new...stickers and everything.
Used.... hit up Golden Child he may have some used ones for you?

or you can take all your plastics and get a painter to make it your own.

Ask for Justin at Honda East, he's the man on prices!

I have a friend who has a full set of the early copper fairings. Really nice! Only thing missing is the tank. Not sure what it would take to buy it but its a thought.

No offense but how experienced are you and your grandson @ riding sport bikes? If you think there might be another little "mishap" in the near future you might not want to go out and spend a ton of money on replacement fairings. The Ebay knock off kits are good for what they are. Get an injected molded kit for around $600 slap it on and just ride the thing. Later on if you wanna get a nice set of OEM's you can but I said the same thing 2 years ago and I'm still riding with knock off fairings with no issues :thumbsup: But thats me, I'm more into the Go than the Show so spending a grand or more on plastics just aint a priority to me right now when there is sooo many goodies that will make my busa faster :race:

Back