OK I just couldn't leave well enough alone!!

mikey28804

Registered
Well My steering lock was not locking and the key would not turn back to that position. NOW after 2 days of spraying lube in the barrel, it finally clicked back to lock. Now it will go from parking lights to lock position but will not unlock. I have tried moving the bars while I try to turn the key and it still will not move. My question is......If i cant get it to unlock, and take the tripples off while its locked will I be able to get it off? Im thinking I may just buy another ignition switch. HELP!!! Its getting warm and now my bike is locked!!!

Well I have never seen this before but I went ahead and took the steering head bolt off and the clamp bolts loose.......couldnt get the triples to come up.......I started to tke the 4 bolts off to get the top triple cover off and one of the nuts started to loosen then got really tight.....I mean i cant budge it tight.......IM lost now....I cant get the top clamp up to get to the ignition and cant even get the cover off either

My '08 acted up once and put the scare in me. It finally started operating properly. I had the thought that someone tried to steal the bike. :dunno:

If it is double nutted that would be easier to deal with than if it started to bind up while backing off the nut

I know it has a nut on the bottom I just had these off when we did my fork seals, They went back on fine with no cross threading.....im so aggravated right now.

Take the nose off,take the fairing stay off,remove the 2 tamperproof torx holding the ignition switch on. Piece of cake. You can do in 30 min or less if you hustle.

Back