Ok I jumped off the deep end now!

Were going to paint it to match the camper, there will be no problem pulling the camper anyplace now.. 10 speed transmission, air conditioning, cruse control....

Mine does have a fuel station that holds 30 gallons plus a 30 gallon tank for the generator. I have put 5 bikes in mine, I could probably fit 6. My 06 cummins pulls mine fine, why do you need such a big truck for yours?

My F450 is a older truck and I wanted to step into a newer truck, and when a deal came along for this truck for $9000. I jumped on it.. I wanted another truck with dual wheels and you cant get a nice pickup truck that has that 75,000 miles on it for much less than twenty some thousand... lets just say it will look great, pull great, and the price was great.

This truck will not know the camper is back there....

my new truck 2.jpg

I guess its like why buy a Busa, ya don't need all that power. A 600cc will get ya there at the speed limit.. LOL I always have lived in the land of bigger is better...

wow 5 bikes... I can't do that with mine with the wall between the garage and the living area... Im expecting around 10mpg... MY F450 gives me 11 mpg now and before the turbo was put on it last year I was getting 6 to 7 mpg with the F450... Now in the future if I decide to up grade my camper again size, weight and the amount of slide outs will not matter it can pull it. It was registered to pull something like 52000 pounds. Im keeping my F450 set up the way it is as an extra truck...

Our%20new%20Coachmen%20Camper%2012112008%20.jpg

my new truck 2.jpg

232323232fp53382_nu=32;2_736_488_WSNRCG=323782786359_nu0mrj.jpg

10 speed transmission and bigger engine, might do better than the F450. With the larger fuel tank should get better range too.

One day I'll have a toyhauler . . .

might do better? LOL this truck was registered to haul 52000 pounds... no way my F450 turbo could touch that... This truck will not know the 5th wheel is back there.. :laugh:

Well I have found what my next step will be with the truck.. Im buying a Ford dually pick up truck box for the back of my International.. Im going to set it up os it lifts off in my back yard when I tow the 5th wheel camper. The sides will be too high to leave on and work with the camper. When Im not camping the bed will go on the truck and will make the truck look like a two door version of a International CXT 2005 International CXT - Bing Videos
I think this is going to be fun!!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Sue likes the idea!

Well the full paint job did not happen this year.. I had to help out my daughter and family comes first. I did some basic clean up and have been using the truck to pull the camper, I think it looks good. Guess next year will be the year for paint, Im going to be retired in January so I will have the time.

P6070050.jpg

P6070052.jpg

P6070051.jpg

P6070053.jpg

P6070054.jpg

Back