Ok I chopped the fender more...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I just wasn't really happy with the way my rear fender ended up after my initial cut. Seems most of you weren't either. Popular opinion was to "just cut the damned thing off!" Well, today I layed out a shape I liked using 3M Fine Line Masking Tape and I "just cut the damned thing off". :D

I probably could have come up with a better shape if I took more time to think about it but it's too pretty out to be working on it all day. I'm about to go ride! I just thought I'd post a couple pics of the new cut before I hit the road.

Don't fall off the chair trying to see it straight. I didn't get the camera perfectly level. ;)

IMG_0324.jpg

As you can see, I flipped the tag bracket. Here's a qick shot with the tag. Now I'm going to ride. See you folks later! :D

IMG_0325.jpg

Looks good BT...I've got to get mine done soon...working on the hubby to make me a license plate bracket too, so I might get to cut off even more...then relocate the rear turn signals...damn, the list goes on and on doesn't it?!

:D

Well I would say good job...but there isn't chit to see...You cut the damn thing off!

Have you flipped the license plate bracket yet? I cannot remember who...Cookie I think, mentioned flipping it around, it puts the plate at a better angle, looks better in profile.

Nice work.

Looks good BT...I've got to get mine done soon...working on the hubby to make me a license plate bracket too, so I might get to cut off even more...then relocate the rear turn signals...damn, the list goes on and on doesn't it?!

:D
Thanks Michelle. It really looks better than the dump truck mud flap that comes on 'em. :D

Well I would say good job...but there isn't chit to see...You cut the damn thing off!

Have you flipped the license plate bracket yet?  I cannot remember who...Cookie I think, mentioned flipping it around, it puts the plate at a better angle, looks better in profile.  

Nice work.
Ummm, Rev. Get your wife to read my comments to you, bro.

I will quote from my comments included with the second photo in this thread...

As you can see, I flipped the tag bracket.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, DUUUUUHHHHHH!!! :laugh:

Here Rev, take my hand. Let me help ya up off the floor.
Are ya ok??? How many fingers am I holding up???

:) :tounge: :D :laugh: :cool:

HAHA....

Looks great BT. looks much better than stock..
now all you need is boost........ :bounce:

peace

kazzin

Looks great (as usual) BT. I don't think I would sweat the shape too much, you can't see the darrn thing with the tag on anyway!

Looks great (as usual) BT.  I don't think I would sweat the shape too much, you can't see the darrn thing with the tag on anyway!
Thanks Mikey. :D As for the shape, I know it doesn't really show. It's just that I am a bit picky (read as "ANAL") about my work when I do something like this to my toys. I like it to be just right. I'm happy with the shape I got though. Not worried about it. I just figure I could have come up with something different with more time. My ride today was worth more to me than any shape I could have possibly came up with. :super:

Have you flipped the license plate bracket yet?  I cannot remember who...Cookie I think, mentioned flipping it around, it puts the plate at a better angle, looks better in profile.  

Nice work.

As you can see, I flipped the tag bracket.

Ummm, DUUUUUHHHHHH!!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Damn you know this is what I get for posting from work, I start a post, then I have to wait a few to finish and the whole world goes to hell while I am not looking.... Seriously, There was only one image when I started that post...

Thanks for the hand up there Raider...

Looks good BT. And as usual, not a speck of dirt anywhere.

I've got to get some Zaino! :D

side pic plz :D
Oooops. I knew something was missing. Didn't shoot that angle earlier. I was in too big of a hurry to go ride! :D

Here's a quick & dirty side shot I just took for you. Lighting sucks but you can see the lines of my cut ok. ;)

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068699388 -->

IMG_0327.jpg

Nice work.

As you can see, I flipped the tag bracket.

Ummm, DUUUUUHHHHHH!!! :laugh:
:rofl: Damn you know this is what I get for posting from work, I start a post, then I have to wait a few to finish and the whole world goes to hell while I am not looking.... Seriously, There was only one image when I started that post...

Thanks for the hand up there Raider...[/QUOTE]
Hehehehehehehehehe... :laugh: That never occured to me there bro. It makes more sense now. Sorry to beat you up like that. Glad Raider was there to help you up though. ;)

Dude, that shape along the side....I dunno...Looks kinda Familiar... You sneak down here while I wasn't looking and make a template of your own? :cool:

I dunno....

Looks good man, Nice work...

Trimfendr7smcrp.jpg

Dude, that shape along the side....I dunno...Looks kinda Familiar...   You sneak down here while I wasn't looking and make a template of your own?  :cool:

I dunno....

Looks good man, Nice work...
Great minds, bro... great minds! :laugh: Mine ain't as sexy as yours in the tag mount area but the tag covers it up so it's all good. ;)

Back